Fab Four LMFM, Lose Weight, Feel Great!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Fab Four LMFM, Lose Weight, Feel Great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mams.ie
    Keymaster

And the cat is out of the bag…….today on Late Lunch show with my pal Gerry Kelly, I’ve been announced as one of LMFM ‘s fab four for the ‘Lose Weight, Feel great’ 2019 fitness challenge with Integral Fitness Drogheda & Bettystown

I am all about exercise, good food and no fads!! Its about feeling healthy, not about being skinny! I have no desire to be a skinny minnie but I am looking forward to being a bit healthier and feeling more energised.

Follow my progress on here and listen in to LMFM for updates on how the 4 of us get on over the next 6 weeks.

I hope its fun!!!

And the cat is out of the bag…….I've been announced as one of LMFM 's fab four for the 'Lose Weight, Feel great'…

Posted by Mams Ireland on Thursday, January 10, 2019

mams.ie
    Keymaster

Week 1 done and between the 4 of us leaders, we lost 30lbs!

The exercise is tough and no alcohol and no treats is tough too but after a few months of hardly an exercise due to injury, I am glad to get back into it now and get in shape!

Here are some pics from week 1 and week 2….

Week 1:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and indoor

Week 2…..4lbs down!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

mams.ie
    Keymaster

This is what I’ve lost since I started the #loseweightfeelgreat programme with Integral Fitness and Leisure Centre & LMFM a week and a half ago.

Image may contain: food

Holy moley!! I don’t quite miss chocolate as much now…..

mams.ie
    Keymaster

I’ve had a wobbly start to the week & I’ll admit, a few tears were shed 🙁

I hurt my back over the weekend so I missed my exercise class Monday morning and then Monday night, at the weekly weigh-in, I didn’t hit my target weight loss for the week. I was very disappointed to be honest as I’d been to the gym 5 times that week and had been rigid with sticking to the food plan.

Between the pain in my back and not hitting my goal after a really hard week, I just wanted to cry. I honestly felt like giving up.

Still down 1lb which is good (and that’s 9lbs in 4 weeks, which is great!) but I guess I was worried I might not hit my overall target of 1 stone by the end of week 6. I woke up Tuesday morning feeling very down that I had missed my target and with the excruciating pain in my back and I considered not going to the gym that day. I just wanted to stay in bed. But I pulled myself out of the bed and headed to the gym and met my PT, Fran, there and she showed me some exercises I could do that would not put any pressure at all on my back. After 30 mins on the seat bike, my back felt a bit looser so I am glad I went. Its still very sore but the exercise helped and I went back this morning and did the same again and then, swam in the pool for a bit. Still sore but a bit looser than it was on Monday.

I was getting tense and stressed about whether or not I would hit my target by 25th Feb so I’ve decided to stop being so hard on myself; I am just gonna do my best and stick to the food & exercise plan my PT gave me. And even if I don’t hit the target by 25th Feb, I am going to continue with Integral Fitness and Leisure Centre after this challenge is over and keep on going.

While this 6 week challenge is for the radio, for me as a person, this is about longevity and being healthy and keeping up the exercise after the 6 weeks is up!

I wanted to share because I think we all have bad days where we feel like giving up but its the NOT giving up that gets us to our goals in the end. #loseweightfeelgreat #LMFM

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people standing

Mags53
    Participant

A stone in 6 weeks sounds like alot to lose and you’re not a big person from looking at the pics so maybe its unrealistic to expect that much in such a short space of time?

i dont think id be able for all that, sounds way too hard for a busy mum

I don’t know how you can cope without wine and chocolate at the weekends? I love letting loose at the weekend.

but on the plus side, its nearly over. hang in there, youre nearly finished

mams.ie
    Keymaster

Hooray, I made it into the final week – just about!!

I thought I had pulled a muscle in my back last week and I was doing gentle exercises all week but then, when the pain just wouldn’t go away, I went to mu GP and turns out, its a kidney infection. So that explains the crippling pain I’ve had for the past 10 days. Janey Mac, its been horrible.

But I am still doing my best and exercising gently each day to make my target of 1 stone by Monday! So far, in the first 5 weeks I’ve lost 12.5lbs so only 1.5lbs to go!

This is what we got up to on Sunday….I was terrified but I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and went for it! Cheeky Gerry Kelly from LMFM was running commentary and he didn’t think I’d make it across….wait till I get my hands on him!!!

#loseweightfeelgreat #mams_ie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.