Ezcema: Waiting lists even in private health care?! !

Home Forums Louth Chat Ezcema: Waiting lists even in private health care?! !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jellybelly

Thought id throw this out for comments.
    I tried to get my son an appointment to see a Dermatologist regarding his infant Eczema. He is turning 3 soon and it is still quite agressive. To my shock there is a 7 MONTH (!) waiting list…., the appointment will cost €150 (which i can claim back through my private health care.)
    I decided to look into bringing him to the uk /North. And guess what……….
    i have an appoinment next tuesday in Hillsborough private clinic, will cost £110, and can claim it on my private health insurance (which is international)
    Makes you wonder eh :o ………………………………………

Alison,

jellybelly dont get me started on the health system here in ireland , its a disgrace

jellybelly

i know. to add to the story, i had the appointment which went really well. He gave me a perscription. The cost of the perscription down South was about €130…………….in the North £35 !!!!!!!!!!!!! can you believe it !!!!!! I was fuming !

Alison,

my husband used to mwork for a computer company who installed systems in pharmacys ec both north and south and he could access the prices the tablets,antibiotics were unbelieveable .

Dinomum

I was in newry the other day and I got some neurofen for children, I couldnt believe the difference in price, it was at least €3 cheaper up there, and its the same with other stuff too, we are being well and truly ripped off !! It does pay to shop areound…

On the issue of the healthcare system here, it is a joke, my dp had to go to hosp for a day case procedure and we have private healthcare but the gp told him to go public cos there would be no difference in the waiting list and no charge !! why are we paying for health insurance so ?? I know a mate of mine goes to derry for all her dental work cos there are no waiting lists and the cost is less than half of what it is down here…

yummymummy

my dad is on cholesterol tablets, think tey are about €40 here on presciption, he went to furtenventura a couple of weeks ago and got them over there for about €6-7 as they are non prescription over there, madness aint it!!!!

he also went to budapest for dental work and it cost half of what it cost here!!!!

helath care system is a crock, im waiting 4 months to see the dermatologist about a mole, finally got an appointment for next week, but jesus i wouldnt want to be really worried about the damn thing now would i waiting 4 months for an appointment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.