Expressing and feeding

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Expressing and feeding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    suzieQ

Hi I had a new baby on Monday and as with the last one i cant get baby to latch on for feeding.
    I have inverted nipples and after the first few days it becomes impossible for baby to latch. However, this time around i want to continue feeding my breast milk so have decided to pump and feed rather than using formula as i did the last time.
    I was just looking for advice on how much i should express at a time? How much i should then feed every three/four hours? And any other advice!

Thanks
    SuzieQ

scole1

his suzieq, sorry cannot advise but wanted to say congratulations…what did you have…how you feeling?

Corinne9

hi suzieq, sent you pm! 🙂

chewieodie
    Participant

CONGRATS!!!

And yip, I’ve sent you a pm too…. 😉

suzieQ

Had a baby boy! One of each now and my little one has taken to him really well so im delighted.

Thanks for the advice. will try it all hopefully it will work out! 😀 😀

Maria30

Congrats SuzieQ

Hope all goes well with the feeding

pookie2

Best wishes! I’m due in three weeks myself.

In my opinion – if you can – I’d express as much as you can whenever you can. You can always freeze it for later.

That said, some women – like me – and pumps don’t work. If I was to believe the pumps (and I tried various) my boys should have starved!! I wish you the best.

There are some treatments that have varying degrees of success for inverted nipples – but you’ve probably checked them out already.

Congrats again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.