Euromillions jackpot of €176,000,000!!

Home Forums National Chat Euromillions jackpot of €176,000,000!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

So last night’s jackpot was not won which means it’s heading in the vacinity of €200 million for the first time ever!

So apart from clearing debts, taking holiday, buying new car, what would be the top 5 things you would do if you won €200 million Friday night???

chewieodie
    Participant

Oh, to dream hey?

First thing I’d do would be to call you FinCom!…. so you could tell us how best to work with it! 😆 😆 😆

THEN, I’d be buying some houses, to be able to accommodate our family from SA, so that we could get them out of the crimeetc….

Hubbie has always wanted to own either a music store / vintage book store…. only bugger of it all is that he would be the world’s worst salesman, as he wouldn’t sell any of the stock…. (if you could see the amount of books we own…. 🙄 😆 …. he won’t part with any!!!! (never mind musical instruments….. 🙄 )

ME? Oooh… it would have to be travel, travel, and more travel…. in first class, so you don’t have to try and sleep in those stupid seats in economy… ah sod it…. time to charter a plane of my own….

And of course, other than the debt resolution etc… etc…. I’d be helping out family and some special charities…..

Ah, to dream…….. 😀

Financial Companion
    Participant

What an amazingly intelligent first choice Chewie!! 😉 😆 😆

Of course, it would mean that when you get to the "helping out family" bit, we could make sure you were not handing over unnecessary huge chunks of capital acquisition tax (or the family handing over!) to the Revenue!! 😉

Come on, Dreamers, let’s hear what you would do?? (Or even read!) 😆

CaliGal

After buying houses for my mom and dad and siblings and zeroing out all our debts, I would buy my own island in the tropics, my own boat and own plane then travel the world taking cooking courses in each place I stop at!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Say, for example, CaliGal, that you bought them a house worth €350,000 each? As they all fall into the second category of CAT thresholds (the first being your own children, second, other relatives, and last, "strangers" or non-related) everything they are "gifted" from you above €33,208, they must pay 25% tax on. So in that example, they would each have a tax bill of €79,128 and you can’t payit for them as that would be considered a further gift and make them liable for a further tax bill!!

Call me before you go into national lottery offices to collect your winnings and I’ll give you some tips to get around that one! 😆

mmmmmmm…..cooking lessons sound like they’d be fun!!

Taylor5

I will be giving FC a call first…. i would give my siblings and my husbands siblings about 5 to 10 million each (5 on each side plus the mammies)

Employ security team and a fleet of HUGE BLACK SUV’s with blackout windows, sure you have to have them 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 (joke)

MaryE

FC you sound like my dad.

My dad is always saying that, if any of us win the lotto to get legal/ financial advise before we go to collect our winnings (i think you have 90 dyas anyway).

He was saying to avoid the taxes, decide how much you want to give each family member, then work out what percentage that is of your winnings. Then when you go to collect the money, say you are part of a syndicate and have a list of the people and how much there share of the winnings is – if that makes sense – im probably not explaining it very well.

Is that true? could you really avoid taxes by doing it like that? would you get away with it?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Mary, your dad is a clever man!! 😉

I call it a "ratio’d syndicate agreement". I’ll tell you the precise details when we meet before you go to collect the big win! 😉

Certainly in Taylor’s case, a €10million gift would leave them each with almost a €2.5million tax bill! 😯

I can just see Taylor arriving at Earth nightclub in her fleet of black SUV’s 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Mary, your dad is a clever man!! 😉

I call it a "ratio’d syndicate agreement". I’ll tell you the precise details when we meet before you go to collect the big win! 😉

Certainly in Taylor’s case, a €10million gift would leave them each with almost a €2.5million tax bill! 😯

I can just see Taylor arriving at Earth nightclub in her fleet of black SUV’s 😆 😆 😆

The Earth… are you mad!!! My nightclub days are over, Astrotots more like it 😆 😆 😆 😆
    A Ratio’d syndicate agreement sounds good, couldnt see them pay 2.5 million each in Tax!!! If i win FC consider yourself employed…. I would have to give to my family, you couldnt keep that amount for yourself, even if you gave 120 million away to family and friends your still set up for life….. the intrest alone would be about 25k a day, i would pick a charity a week for a full year, so 52 charities would have recieved over 100k, not a bad way to help others.

get my self as far away from ireland as possible 😆

Taylor5

get my self as far away from ireland as possible 😆

Oh NO!!! There is no place like home… I would buy afew holiday homes in the sun, but would keep the kids in school in Ireland

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.