Engagement Stories

Home Forums National Chat Engagement Stories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone we are looking for everyone’s engagement stories good or bad, if you could post them below that would be great. Might even reward the best.

Thanks

Jedt
    Keymaster

My husband organised an overnight stay in Wicklow. I thought we were going for a drive and when we stopped in for lunch, he surprised me by saying he had booked a room. I was worried that I had no changes of clothes but he had packed a bag for me with a dress, shoes, makeup underwear – everything a girl would need for a night out! That was lovely of him – he had packed 5 pairs of knickers as he was not sure which type I would wear under an little black dress!!

When we went to our room there was champagne and rose petals strewn everywhere. We got ready and headed for dinner, he seemed very nervous and after dinner, he got down on one knee and proposed to me in the restaurant.

It was so romantic and sweet – it was very few one of the times since I’ve known him that he was genuinely nervous about anything. He had tears in his eyes and so did I as I said yes.

We spent the rest of the night together (mostly draper over each other kissing like two teenagers), with me constantly staring at the sparkler on my hand and him with a big smile on his face.

Was one of the best days of my life. 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

The following weekend my Dad took us out to dinner with my siblings & mum to celebrate and we actually went to the Glenside for that! It was a great night out to celebrate our engagement. Happy memories!

joeyrudd

my husband took me to blackpool on my 1st holiday out of ireland and our 1st one together, we walked up to the top of the blackpool tower, when he turned to me and asked me to marry him…poor guy looked like he was going to pass out, it was so sweet i had to say yes 😀 …..we went to pick out my ring the next day…i love it and him 🙂
    we went back there to get married too

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thats so sweet Joey 😀

lellykelly

my husband proposed on our first night in our new house. of course being as organised as always he had tipped the ring box in with a whole lot of other bits and bobs into the removal truck so when we eventually got to Laytown & got everything unpacked, he was as white as a ghost for about two hours frantically searching through every bag and box looking for the ring. I hadn’t a clue. That night as we had dinner he took out this little ceramic candle with my name on it for the mantelpiece & when I took the piece of paper off the top of it, there was the ring around the wick. I couldnt believe it. It was so unexpected & special. We were due to move into our house around Christmas but between one thing & another it was actually Valentines Day when we moved in which very nearly put him off as he wouldnt exactly be a traditional romantic. Although he has surprised me a few times with how romantic & thoughtful he can be, that remains my favourite memory. 😛

joeyrudd

Thats so sweet Joey 😀

thanks i thought so too 🙂

chewieodie
    Participant

IT was the 1st of May 1993…. in Port Elizabeth, South Africa….

We decided to go for a trip down to the beach…. and while we were there we went for a walk in "Happy Valley"… a place we used to love to go and walk… it is a magical place…. In the summer season you’d walk under a bridge up from the ocean….to walk through garden with landscaped lawns, shady trees, lily ponds and trickling water features. It is lit up with magnificent displays of colourful lights and an assortment offairytale characters. In the trees you can find leprechauns, three blind mice, the old woman who lived in a shoe and a wide variety of others. There are also lights in the shape of animals and coloured lights which provide an ambience against the surrounding vegetation….
    a favourite place to go through as a child….. 😉

Well, my hubby to be took me right to the back of the valley…. to the most beautiful little bridge over the pond, and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him….. and of course, through my tears, I said YES…

We couldn’t wait to get back and share our news with everyone… (he had actually been conspiring with my mom, and they arranged to have my engagement ring made… all in secret)….

18 years of marriage later…. I still love that he took me to somewhere about fairytales and magic to ask me the question…. 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

I was once proposed to over the phone – many years before my hubby came along. That was NOT a good proposal!!!

There great stories, we have heard some great ones over the years, we’ll run this until the end of the week, then I’ll pop a meal for two in the post to the best post!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.