Elave review from Beaut.ie

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Elave review from Beaut.ie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Review from Beaut.ie – Irish Beauty Store…..

Elave baby skincare is Just as Good For Adults With Sensitive Skin
    by xgirl, December 1st, 2010 in Brands, treatment & product reviews, Ethical & Organic Beauty, Skincare |

As I gave the baby a bath recently, I looked a bit closer at her shampoo and baby wash and wondered why I hadn’t thought to give them a try myself before now. Elave Baby takes all the gentle, protective and hydrating qualities you might be familiar with from their other product ranges and puts them into products that are specifically designed to be used on delicate baby skin and hair from the very beginning.
    Free from harsh ingredients such as alcohol, sulfates, colours and fragrance, all products are also formulated without parabens, phtalates and sulfates, making them ideal not only for newborn skin, but also for anyone with skin sensitivity or dryness, or those who prefer to use very gentle products with minimal ingredients.

I’ve been using the Moisturising Baby Bath and Caring Shampoo (both €9.99 for 400ml*) since my baby was a newborn (when baths were a weekly occurance at best and her screams probably lead the neighbours to think we were torturing her in there – happily she’s become more tolerant since then) and have been very happy with them, so itwas a bit of a lightbulb moment when I decided to try them out myself.

My own scalp has a tendency to be dry and itchy and the cold weather isn’t helping it. I was also on the lookout for a gentle bodywash to help my dry winter skin, so the fact that both products were already sitting there in the bathroom was ideal. Add to that concerns about skincare ingredients finding their way into breastmilk, and it was a bit of a no-brainer that these could also be ideal products for me to use.

And it turns out both are as good for me as they are for the baby. The texture is nice – not so watery that they run out of your hands before you have time to apply them and not so thick that it’s impossible to lather them up (both problems I’ve experienced with “natural” skincare products before), these do the job and leave my skin and scalp soothed and comfortable. Hopefully the baby won’t mind sharing!

* Elave is currently selling a gift basket containing the baby bath, shampoo and Moisturising Baby Lotion for the bargainous price of €14.99

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 at 10:30 am and is filed under Brands, treatment & product reviews, Ethical & Organic Beauty, Skincare.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.