Elave in Life

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert Elave in Life

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elave Shower, Cream and Shampoo (gets a picture) has been given a mention in Triona McCarthys section in the Irish Independents Life magazine – She did an article on pale skin called "Hail Pale". The article was recommending products for pale skin types which is often dry and sensitive as well!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’m all for ‘hail pale’ – being a very pale cailin myself!

Here is the link to the article for all you beauty loving gals on here: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/ind … 48130.html

Good to see more and more pale celebs out there nowadays, like Nicole Kidman, Saoirse Ronan. Tanning is such a hassle, much easier to go au natural!

Also, great to see a donation from some Elave products going to the Irish Cancer Society. Its a great cause, not only are we buying a good quality, Irish produced, safe products but its also helping a worthy charity too. Thumbs up from me. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to both Elaveskincare and Sabbi, here is the article below, with the Elave section highlighted.

Triona McCarthy: Hail pale

Monday May 16 2011

Triona’s trends: Recently on the Midday show on TV3, the panel and I were discussing fake tan and how the Irish-dancing industry, in particular, has gone overboard with it.

If you’re pale naturally, put down the fake bake and rediscover your inner Casper. Bronze do not have more fun!

This season the Seventies-style natural look is king. Jessie J, Alexa Chung, Pearl Lowe and Kelly O all rock this look. Palester Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud created Dainty Doll, a make-up range for the pale skinned. Let’s be honest, there’s nothing like a bit of fake tan to hide imperfections, so, when it comes to the pale and interesting look, the key is layering. Start with a really good moisturiser and hydrating eye-cream such as Estee Lauder’s Time Zone range, and everything else slides on easily. Don’t forget about using an SPF daily. I particularly like Australia’s cult range Hissyfit, especially their Saving Face Anti-Ageing Foundation SPF50+, €25, from House of Fraser.

I’m also McLovin St Tropez’s new Illuminator range, €19.99 — three skin-finishing products that add a glamorous, on-trend, iridescent sheen. They can be worn alone or used with any of the St Tropez Self-Tan, Everyday or Wash Off products — if you must tan — to create a dewy, illuminated look. Banish the bronzer and invest in a pretty pink blusher such as Bobbi Brown Sheer Colour Cheek Tint, €22. Now, let’s see how interesting pale can be!

Triona’s tricks

I’m learning how to be an egotist! Me, me, me, me, me! As Lucille Ball said, “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” So, all you multi-tasking mums, freelancers and burnt-out business peeps, there are so many things you can do for yourself every day to make yourself happy.

A quiet cup of coffee while reading this, a walk outside, a nail paint. You are worth it!

Feel better

Elave, the Irish skincare brand for sensitive skin, has, for the second year running, lent its support to the Irish Cancer Society’s Look Good . . . Feel Better programme this month by donating €1 from each sale of Elave Shower Gel, €6.99, Elave Shampoo, right, €8.99 and Elave Intensive Cream, €6.99.

Patients can attend free skincare and make-up workshops which help them to address the appearance-related side effects of their cancer treatment and to boost their confidence and self-esteem. All the products in the Elave range are low irritancy, and are suited for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as they are free from chemicals such as sulfates, parabens, perfume and dyes. Elave products are available in all major pharmacy outlets nationwide.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.