educate together

Home Forums Louth Chat educate together

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    kasia

i don’t know how many of you read the primary section of this site so i decided to put that info over here too.
    last saturday educate together started taking names for new school in the north side of drogheda . unfortunetly the turnout wasn’t great:( they need more names to go ahead with the project. so if anyone is intersted please ring susanne smith 0873665472 . they are taking names till the end of january.

Taylor5

Where on the Northside? I have him down for the one in Mornington, with Drogheda traffic the northside wouldnt be great for me, sorry

kasia

they said that probably in termon abbey but they don’t know anything for certain yet. there is a site there for the school.

Taylor5

No that wouldnt be any good to me, but I would be willing to put my name down if they need the numbers, just to get them off the ground

joey_rudd

it would be perfect for me but i’d have to have a chat with my DH about it to see what he says
    good luck , hope you get the numbers you need

joey_rudd

yeah he’s all for it so i’ll be putting my DDs name down just incase

Taylor5

Have you not got your kids names down in schools yet ❓ 😯 I put ds name down when he was about 10 months and at that nearly all the spaces were full 😯 😯 😯
    I would recommend you put all the kids names down while your there

joey_rudd

yeah i think i’ll do that….my mil put dds name down for the mell school even though i don’t want her to go there

rossylisa

oh is that going to be an educate together school 😀 .im from termon abbey when is it open …would it be mad to take dd out of st brigids for this school she is in senior infants ❓ my nephew is in the one beside the grammer school and it is a fantastic school

kasia

you can put her name just in case. that will increase the numbers. what are you going to do at the end – is up to you 😀

kasia

it’s me again 😀

that’s from ED site.
    http://www.educatetogether.ie/6_start_u … l#Drogheda

On Saturday the first major step was taken towards a new Educate Together primary school for North Drogheda when a public meeting was held in the Westcourt Hotel. The meeting was well attended despite short notice and bad weather. Participants were hugely enthusiastic and supportive of the new school initiative. Following the meeting a pre-enrolment list for the school was launched with an impressive number of student names submitted and pre-enrolment lists started for classes up as far as 2012.

The next step is for initial pre-enrolment figures for September to be submitted to the Department of Education by the end of January, therefore, parents who were unable to attend Saturday’s meeting should submit their children’s names as soon as possible. The pre-enrolment application form can be downloaded below or request a form by calling the office at 01 4292500 or Suzanne Smith at 087 3665472. A working committee was also formed at the meeting and this group will now proceed with local promotion and planning for the new school under the guidance of Educate Together. For further information, contact Suzanne Smith (see number above) or Gerry Mc Kevitt.

Gerry McKevitt is the New Schools Development Officer working with this group. Tel: 01 429 2500, Email: gerry.mckevitt@educatetogether.ie

Available for Download: Drogheda North Educate Together Pre-enrolment form

very optimistic overall 😀 i still think, that there wasn’t enough people considering the demand the school has in mornington. but… fingers crossed and we’ll have a new one

hippychic

Brilliant Idea, as have our little one enroled for mornington, will deff give susane a call, plus have 3 friends who will also be interested.

Thanks for the note,
    Hippychic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Suzanne has just had a baby – I think it arrived on Friday so if you can’t get hold of her, you know why!! Gerry is accepting enrollments too and is really good about updating people.

They have a good number of junior infants enrolled for next year (last nights update said 18) but need one final push before they send the application off. If anyone is still thinking about it, now is the time!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooopps, that should read 18 – apparently an 8 followed by a ) is a smiley face! Very cute, but not what I ment!!

kasia

hi all interested:)
    got that message today

We have managed to secure Newtown Blues Football Club, across the road from Termon Abbey, as a venue for a meeting next Thursday 6th march at 8pm.
    The purpose of the meeting is to establish a group who will work with Educate Together to establish the North Drogheda Educate Together National School.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.