Ecogenic bowel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WHealth4Life

I went for my 20 week scan today and the sonographer had some concerns regarding our baby’s bowel. It was called ecogenic bowel and on the scan the bowel was appearing brighter than it should have been. We were told not to worry but will be brought in to see the consultant on Monday for another scan. I know there is only a small increased chance that our baby has a serious condition but I can’t help worrying all the same. Just wondering if anyone’s been through this or something similar. I am sure I will be ok tomorrow but now I am on my own, just feeling a bit upset and just needed to post about it.

scole1

firstly congratulations on your pregnancy, great news…
    regards the scan unfortunately i cannot give any insight, but i’m sure they will go through in full what it is they have discovered….
    i hope you are ok, love and hugs your way all will be ok…

Taylor5

Never heard of the condition, but on my ds2 i had extra fluid around the baby, they thought this was due to bowel or stomach issues…. it turned out that the baby was fine and didnt have a condition, but they did tell me he could have had one and they did scan and scan again.. But once the Consultant did his "big" scan (took the guts of 40mins) he siad at a glance it did look like problems but after have a long good luck he ruled it out.
    So fingers crossed the same case will be for you

WHealth4Life

Thanks a mil girls for the support. I am delighted to say after a stressful few days we got the best news. The echogenic bowel that was showing up on Friday’s scan was not there on the consultants scan. They did a top to toe examination of our little baby and thankfully everything was fine and our little one is measuring right by my dates. We are just so so relieved and feel blessed that our little one is doing well. I am wiped out by it all but hopefully a few nights sleep will see me right.

Thanks again scole and taylor I really appreciated your supportive replies and just wanted to share the great news.

scole1

great news…now relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.