ECCE

Home Forums Education ECCE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LANA
    Participant

hi all, has anyone any info on the new eary childcare and eduation that replacing the eccs in january and what way its going to work . thanks

kcireland

I know the gov. have set up a HELP LINE.
    The Louth County Childcare Committee will be talking about that tonight at the Minder Finer Event in the d hotel @8pm.

Jackie26

See this weeks Drogheda Independent for more information. I no Playmates Montessori iin Bachelors Lane has applied as my niece is going there. Peter pan also not sure about anyone else. Its great news as pre schools are expensive but very much worth it. 😆

Jomoodar

HI Girls,

Each individual Childcare place has to apply to become part of scheme, its up to them to deciode if they are going to go into it as there are certain criteria to adhere to. ( we at NAionra Cead Ceimeanna are going into it!!)

If your child falls between the age of 3 and 6mths and 4 and 10mths in january he/she will qualify.

If your child goes to preschool for 3 hours five days and 38 weeks of year (i.e in line with school calendar)then the place will be provided for €64.50 per child, the childcare centre is not allowed charge you extra for this place unless the session is for more than 3 hours ( as some montessori places might have 3.5hrs or 4hrs, they can charge more)

If your child goes somewhere for 50 weeks of year for either three or more hours 5 days then €48.50 will be paid for , providing they fall within the age category and its the year prior to entering school. This amount will pay for 2.25 hours. SO if child goes to montessori you can agree to only put them in for the 2.25 hours and therefore no extra charge to you, or if you put them in for longer then pay difference.

There are alot of FAQ and answers and alot of info on http://www.omyca.ie . the helpline isnt worth ringing to be honest.

Hope this helps you a little.

JO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.