ECCE Scheme

Home Forums National Chat ECCE Scheme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    villagirl

Hi all,
    Just wondring if anyone knows much about this, my son will turn 3 in July and i was wondering if he will qualify for this scheme. I’ve his name down for primary school when he turns 4 in 2011 still not 100% sure bout that yet though.

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I think you have to be 3 yrs and 6months in September to qualify – but not completely sure. If you change your mind about sending him to school the following year or if they change the age(a lot of schools you have to be 4 by the end of May or March), you would definately qualify.

Check with the pre-school – if they are part of the scheme, they will let you know whether or not he qualifies.

LANA
    Participant

hiya villagirl i got this of the citizen information page ,it looks like if yourson is 3 in july he,s not eligible ,my sister lil girl isnt eligible by just 4 days she the 4 july .i my self think it should be the 1st sept because some school have that cut of date for starting junior infants. " For the start-up phase of the scheme from January 2010, children between 3 years 6 months and 4 years 11 months can avail of free pre-school services. This means that children born between 2 February 2005 and 30 June 2006 (both dates included) are eligible to take part in January 2010. Children born between 2 February 2006 and 30 June 2007 (both dates included) are eligible to take part in the scheme in September 2010. Children with special needs may be able to get an exemption from the upper age limit. "

Maria30

Hi,

If you go onto http://www.mychildcare.ie they have an ECCE Scheme calculator in the Parent Zone, just put in your childs date of birth and it will tell you when they are eligible.

My son will be 3 on the 4th of July and not eligible til Sept 2011 which suits me as I dont want to send him to school until hes five.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.