Ecce Scheme

Home Forums Education Ecce Scheme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a question on this.. my DS is in a creche and he will be starting the ECCE scheme this year..

It was explained that the 50 week option was gone and we had to do the 38 week option.. I have been told that there is a 41 week option, where he goes in for 4 days for 3.5 hours per day, which would suit me better as I don’t work on a Monday.. do they have to offer me this?? I’m going to ask them about it on Monday anyway, but a little peeved that I have to go asking if I am entitled to it!

Also, if any of you have your little ones in a creche, and are keeping them there for extra hours, what type of cost do you have? We have to pay €42 for 6 hours! My BIL has to pay just under €60 for 4 days, full care (after the ECCE) – didn’t realise ours was so expensive!

chickpea

Hi yvonne

I own a creche in drogheda and we have the ecce and cets schemes..
    Most creches only offer the 38 week scheme… the reason there is a 41 week scheme is because there are some crechesthat are attached to primary schools and they only open for 4 days a week. I knowfor a fact that a lot of creches dont offer 4 days childcare as this would leave them with an empty spot one day per week that it is unlikely they could fill for just the one day…
    If you have any queries in relation to this you can ring louth county childcare. The girls there are who we all deal with in putting together all our policiles and procedures and also fees policies etc..Their number is 04168 59912. I hope this is of help to you..

chickpea

OH meant to say as well, are the 6 extra hrs for staying til one each day….each creche charges different prices for this…If a parent wants to leave their child for the extra 1and half hrs for5 days we charge 27 euro..but every creche is different..

Yvonne

Thanks for the info Chickpea!

So basically, they don’t have to offer me the 41 week option??

The extra 6 hours is 2 hours x 3 times per week.. from what I am hearing, they are definitely over pricing it.

Your rate is alot more reasonable!

Yvonne

I checked with the owner of the creche and as you had said, the 41 week is for the places that can only open 4 days, so she is not able to offer it to me.. pity!
    She said his creche shouldn’t be offering it either as they open 5 days a week also.

chickpea

hey emma, yeah she is right she shouldnt offer it..

The way the pricing is broken down is that the government pay us 12.50 per day per child on the 3 hr five day scheme…so you can calculate it yourself. find out how much it is for 3 half days (up to 5 hrs) and deduct 3×12.5 and that shoud give your the correct cost. The difference should be your price…if they are charging more than that you can say it to them.. they are in breech of their contract if they are charging you more than they would charge a full cash paying person..i hope this makes sense to you…

Yvonne

Thanks Chickpea!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.