Eating Healthy

Home Forums Education Eating Healthy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alibe1

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering, do you think that schools should teach kids about healthy eating habits? I know alot of schools in America are starting breakfast clubs and other such programs. They are also making sure that healthy food choices are available for kids. What do you think of this?

kcireland

Hi Alibe,

My girls were introduced to the FOOD DUDES program a few years back. It was really well done, with the kids trying a different fruit or vegetables everyday .. provided for by the program! Then the kids were encouraged to being in the same for their lunches and rewarded if they did so.

http://www.fooddudes.ie

Yvonne

This food dude programme is in my nephews school – I think its a great idea, and it has helped them with their health eating, as they love getting their rewards! Hope it will come into my DD’s school.

yummymummy

they didthis for a couple of weeks last year in my ds’s school where they gave them a piece of fruit every day.

alibe1

I had no idea such programs were available. That is a wonderful idea. I find that the kidsare eating a lot of junk food these days and they were not like that before. All my younger cousins and nieces and nephews have unhealthy eating habits. I think it is more effective when schools adapt these programs. It is interesting how kids continue to eat healthy in their daily lives. I am definitely going to look into this! Thanks everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.