Easy Breastfeeding – City North Hotel

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Easy Breastfeeding – City North Hotel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TracyDonegan

Did you know that a positive attitude towards breastfeeding is one of the biggest factors in whether a mum will breastfeed successfully or not?

Our beliefs and attitudes about breastfeeding begin as children and form our attitudes towards breastfeeding as adults. So if all you’ve ever heard is how hard breastfeeding is then that’s what we tend to expect and experience.

What’s covered in the Easy Breastfeeding class?

* Making great milk is easy !
    * Getting off to a positive start at home or the hospital
    * Creating a breastfeeding plan
    * Easy breastfeeding – positioning and latch – hands on practice and video
    * How often should I feed my baby?
    * How will I know my baby is getting enough?
    * Easily resolving common breastfeeding issues

Doula Ireland’s Easy Breastfeeding program also uniquely combines self hypnosis techniques that quickly boost confidence levels and set the foundation for a positive breastfeeding experience. Get rid of fears and worries that breastfeeding is going to be difficult. Breastfeeding can be blissful !

Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration – a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel, and the choices we make. When you change the way you look at things – the things you look at change. During the class you’ll start the easy process of changing your beliefs about breastfeeding using self hypnosis and continue your practice as you listen to your CD at home.

The perfect milk production and release is reliant on both physiological and psychological factors. Stress affects your milk production. So your mindset will affect how well your body works. Fortunately self hypnosis is a great way of encouraging just the right breastfeeding attitude – one of ease and positive association.

You’ll also receive our Easy Breastfeeding CD for continued practice at home to continue building your confidence and reaffirming the belief that breastfeeding can be a wonderful experience and expect it to go well.

During the 3 hour class you’ll also learn

* Self hypnosis / relaxation techniques to boost confidence and change beliefs
    * Create affirmations for a positive breastfeeding experience
    * The importance of visualization (based on sports psychology and behavioural studies)
    * Special circumstances such as increasing milk supply with hypnosis
    * You’ll also get to enjoy a wonderful self hypnosis session for birth and breastfeeding.

The Easy Breastfeeding program is a fun and information filled evening – partners are welcome !

Fee – €75 – includes CD and handouts

Free to teen mums

For more information and online enrollment visit http://www.doulaireland.com/breastfeedingclass.html

Tracy

TracyDonegan

Hi everyone,

I’ll also be holding a Saturday morning Easy Breastfeeding class on July 26 in Stabannon – Louth at the Yoga Fox Studio

(9.30am to 12:30pm)

Tracy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.