Earth Hour

Home Forums Louth Chat Earth Hour

• This topic has 20 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by ed1.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    kcireland

I love when the power goes off … lighting candles and playing games with the kids.

Just thought it would be fun to sign up to this:

Turning off your lights for one hour at 8pm on 29 March 2008 is the first part of getting involved in Earth Hour. Making a difference to the future of our planet by making energy savings every day is the second part.

Register at http://www.earthhour.org/sign-up

Taylor5

Thats a great idea, might give it a try

ed1
    Participant

definitelty going to do this. have just signed up.

scole1

cool will try and remember that date and do it….

ed1
    Participant

girls, dont forget earth hour tomorrow night at 8pm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Ed. Does anyone know why the ZeroFootprint calculator for Facebook on the Earth Hour site doesn’t list Ireland? Strange.

scole1

forgot all about that….will try and drill in that it’s 2moro

Taylor5

Im going to try and do this, ds would love his bed time story by torch light, what fun that could be 😀 😀 😀 😀

trixiebell
    Participant

were gonna do it here in our house too, think its a fantastic thing to do, and we should all think how much energy we waste, and going forwards how we can save energy.

Just think of all those phone chargers that are always left plugged in, all those TVs, dishwashers etc that are left on standby, thse are all using up energy, and if we want to ensure that there is a planet fpr our kids, and their kids etc to grow up in WE ALL NEED TO COP ON and do our bit!

Every Little Helps! 🙂

trixiebell
    Participant

sorry forgot to add that I think it is disgraceful the way that huge office blocks that you see in the city centre leave all of their lights on, car showrooms etx, there is NO need for it.

They should be turned off all the time.

ed1
    Participant

That was great fun. we switched off everything and have candles everywhere. hubby got guitar out and we had a bit of a singsong.

its amazing just how quiet the house gets when there is nothing on. soooooo peaceful…. 😀

scole1

well it lasted about 40 mins dh forgot and turned lights on i was switching everything off then flaming fell down the last few steps of stairs what a twat am i… 😆 😳

Taylor5

I wanted to do this but dh and his friends were bringing our new bath upstairs today, they started about 3ish and didnt get the bath up untill after 8pm 😯 That was after taking the bannisters down and half the plaster off the roof part, they had to take soooo much away it was into the back of the wardrobe in the frontroom 😯 😯 😯 😯 Needless to say the house was lit up like a feckin chritmas tree, I did try and turn a few lights off and the tv…. not joking but every light in the house was on, even the garden and shed lights, I bet it looked like we were rebeling against the earth hour 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 .
    I’ll do it again tomorrow

Anonymous
    Inactive

We did it in spirit. All lights were off but I had the computer on – too much workto do to lose an hour 😳 It was very cool to look outside and see all the dark houses. So nice to see that people do care.

Taylor- better late than never. Enjoy tonight!

Taylor5

I was looking a all the neighbours house and half of them were in darkness or had candles or sidelights on, you woudnt want anyone to fall down the stairs 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Im sure they were looking down at my house thinking, what a cow ❗ 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.