earplugs for baby??

Home Forums National Chat earplugs for baby??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My daughter had a ruptured eardrum a few weeks ago & as we are going on hols next week i brought her back to doc to check they are ok. it’s still a bit mucky so he told me to get earplugs for swimming (she is 2) & not to leave any water near them, the only problem is all earplugs are MASSIVE!!! bought a pair & no go. None of the pharmascists i"ve asked seem to have a clue, they all tell me they’re the same size for babies & adults…. eh NO… any advice would be appreciated………..

Jedt

Cannot believe there is no baby sized earplugs available? will ask around for you and see if anyone knows of some.

I know some people who have used rolled up pieces of Blutak as ear plugs – would that be an idea you might consider?

Waffy1

I need to make sure they won’t let in water as she’ll be in the pool. not sure bluetac would hold?!!

Taylor5

Im back swimming and when i was a swimmer years ago i used to get a thing called swimmers ear, I do let my ear get wet in showers etc, but when i go back swimming i have to keep dry.
    You best place to go is the local sports shop, Heatons or The one in Laurences Centre. I use speedo wax plugs, you get 2 or 3 sets in a box, its like a putty ball of wax that you heat up by rubbing and then you stuff/pack into the ear, they are very good, but they can fall out. If i cant find my plugs i use cotton wool and vaseline, it works but not as well.
    I would be more worried about the flight with her ear, get Nurofen into her before the flight and have a lollypop in your bag.

Jedt

My dad uses blutak and says its great and it stays in. you could do a trial before you go – put it in her ears and let her run around & up & down and see how it goes!

good luck with it and enjoy your trip! hope you get sun, sun and more sun!

Waffy1

thanks girls. never thought of a sports shop, ill try them

Boots do their own brand wax earplugs called Muffles that can be shaped or moulded to whatever size you need.
    They fit quite snug and do the trick.
    Doesnt say anything bout water on pack, just noise reduction but might be worth a try.
    Dont always have in Drogheda, usually get them in Pavillions no prob.

Taylor5

The one Speedo do keep water out…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.