Dummy Problems

Home Forums Louth Chat Dummy Problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Waffy1

Girls need your help. My little man just LOVES LOVES LOVES his dummy, which is fine. I normally give it to him when he is going for a nap or if he is cranky and then restrict it during the day. Well today he put the WHOLE dummy into his mouth. Had an awful job geting it out, he kept on gagging on it. Was lucky he didn’t decide to do it when he was in the cot. does anyone know fo a brand that has a larger covering for around the mouth? He normally has the cherry teat dummys but have tried the slightly flatter ones and he’ll take them too although with a little bit of reluctance! Maybe I should just go cold turkey with him!

Please help!

hjs

How old is he? Went cold turkey with my 2.5 yr old ds this summer as realised he was just screaming til he got it a lot of the time and in the end the prob was US. We were just giving it 2 him so WE could have a quiet life.
    Went totally cold turkey overnight – binned them all, didn’t even acknowledge the fact he was asking 4 it when he was roaring, distracted him, me, dh, and 6 yr old dd never mentioned the word from that time forward.
    Of course had tough times esp bedtime but that was only for about a week, Now, less than a month on, he doesn’t mention it or notice when other kids have them, so is actually only 3 weeks of pain but i found it does lessen literally day by day after 1st 3 days which is when in anything, u have to steel urself the most not to give in.
    Can only speak for what worked for me and I am a hard-hearted mare, i don’t cotton wool my two at all, "U’ll b grand" when limbs hanging off them, that kind of waybut am glad I did it and we r no longer held to ransom over it like we were being!

Taylor5

OMG thats shocking! Thank God he wasnt in his cot… I use the tommee tippee ones, they are in tesco and bryanstown chemist… they are 18 to 24 months but ds has had it since 6 months or so…. he does put sideways into mouth but not the whole way.

Waffy1

I nearly lost my life! He’s only 10 months old. He has dummies for 6 to 18 months at mo so maybe i’ll try and get some for 18 months plus. they’ll surely have a larger mouth covering. will have a look.

Taylor5

I did something stupid the other night, opened a tube of bonjella had the lid in my right hand and was rubbing the bonjella in with my index finger on my right hand, the lid fell and but for the grace of God it hit his lip and didnt fall into his mouth 😳 😳 😳
    So be careful with the bonjella

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.