Dual House Insurance

Home Forums National Chat Dual House Insurance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For the last two years, we have been paying Dual House Insurance..

Normally would have had House Insurance with Mortage provider, two yrs ago i shopped around and got it with FBD & last year with 123,
    Provider says i didn’t sent a letter to cancel my policy and i have no copy of letter..
    It seems a common enough i need to get dual letter from Both providers and they will comprise on returning what has been paid.. Hopefully.

Has anyone else expereinced this…. :oops: :oops:

Financial Companion
    Participant

Very often Libby! You might remember me giving an example of similar in the D Hotel talk last year. I contstantly see people paying for things that they shouldn’t be paying for, hence the importance of reviewing the overall financial side of things once per year.

You should be fine when they clearly see that you changed to another company and can show the policy schedule.

House insurance is one of the most common that this happens with, especially when people pay by direct debit. Remember, even if you clear a mortgage, it is still up to you to cancel any insurances that are related to it. If you don’t get sorted, PM me and I might have a solution 😉

Dave.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.