DS has a Verruca!!what to do?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness DS has a Verruca!!what to do?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi,

just looking for advice on best way to treat his verruca…DS recently started going swimming more & more but now has a verruca…. :(

just wondering plan of action on treating it? was planning to go to chemist & get some treatment cream & also those socks they wear for swimming to stop him passing it on or getting any more..

can i get socks in chemist? whats best cream to use?

many thanks

Moonflower

scole1

you can get verucca stuff and also i remember used bathign our feet in a bowl of water and disintectant and then applying the stuff to our feet and wearing socks, then going swimming to be sure to wear the swimming socks you can get them in most chemists or even at teh swimming pools…

no walking about barefoot….

Taylor5

Very common and easy to treat, go to a good chemist and get advice, you just have to be careful not to put treatment on the healthy skin around the verruca. No barefeet in the house and flipflops in the shower etc… the swiim socks are great

Moonflower

thanks, chemist in Bettystown very helpful yesterday..gave plenty advice which was great…like u say taylor have to be careful with healthy skin around, seeing as DS wont even let me cut his toenails..will be fun treating it but has to be done…

couldnt find socks anywhere..

Hi,

The verruca can be treated with a simple freezing treatment such as Wartner for kids, which can be used if the child is 4 years of age, or older. A single application should suffice, in getting rid of the verruca, in 2-3 weeks. The treatment can be repeated after 14 days if necessary. However, if this treatment fails, then there are various lotions, paints and special plasters, which contain salicylic acid which may be used. These are generally applied daily, and used in conjunction with an emery board, to remove the dead skin. They will however, take a longer period to work.

A child with a verruca should go swimming as normal. The verruca should be covered with a waterproof plaster, however, some people prefer to wear special socks, which can be found at a local sports shop. I would also recommend wearing flip-flops, when using communal showers; as this may reduce the chance of catching or passing on verrucas.

Hope this helps!!

Brenners

My DS suffered from verrucaes for about 2 years. After spending a fortune between chiropodists and wartner etc. the only thing that got rid of them was tea tree oil. I applied the undiluted tea tree oil to the verruca with a cotton but each evening and put a bandage or plaster on his foot. Within 1 week all of them were completely gone and they have never returned! Please try this before you try wartner as this really used to hurt his foot.

Ovelle the makers of Elave have a Footcare range called Carnation Footcare – the Carnation Range has a wide variety of products for keeping the feet in tip top condition. Within the range we have a product called Carnation Vericaps this is a complete, 10 day, salicylic acid verruca treatment. The pack contains 4 medicated dressings and 1 protective plaster, each medicatied dressing in applied to the verruca and left in place for 2 days each then the protective cover is applied for the last 2 days – to effectively remove the verruca. The Carnation Range is available in Pharmacies nationwide.

Moonflower

thanks for all advice, never thought of tea tree oil, have a acid solution at moment am using but it says on tube could take weeks to clear & have to treat it each night, so will give it a couple of weeks & if not cleared may try one of other suggestions…

Taylor5

Moonflower most clear well before that time given on the packet, its the salica acid levels in the product that does the work… i have used the tee tree oill and plaster, once i even just put a plaster on for weeks and it vanished…. put vaseline on a cotton bud and wipe the healthy skin around it, if your still not sure or ds is putting up a right fight, get a regular plaster and cut a tiny hole in the centre and place over area

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.