Drogheda woman, Jill Meaghar, murdered in Australia

Home Forums Louth Chat Drogheda woman, Jill Meaghar, murdered in Australia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So awful to hear about that 29 year old woman, Jill Meagher, who has gone missing in Australia. She is 29 years old and living there with her husband. She was out for drinks with work colleagues and went missing on her way home. Police have found her handbag down a lane but say they are worried it may have been planted there.

Its so worrying because they don’t know where she is or what has happened to her. Her mother was on the radio this morning appealing for information and for whoever has her or knows where she is, to come forward or let her go. It was heart breaking listening to her, she is distraught.

Its not looking good at this stage because she is missing nearly 4 days but lets hope she is found safe and well. Our thoughts are with her poor family at this time.

Taylor5

Its terrible, her mam and dad live out in Perth…. she only lived 5 mins away, it really should make us all stop and think about things we do late at night and alone. Its just not safe anymore

Jedt

Has there been any more news? Seems she phoned her brother before she went missing and sounded upset. God help her family.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ojgbidauojgb/

Jedt

They have released CCTV footage, it shows a man in a blue coat walking up and down a fewtimes on the street and then, he approaches Jill and she moves away from him and takes out her phone. Its scary, this is the last person to see her and he does not look right, why was he standing around and walking up and down? Here is the link but its not easy viewing:
    http://www.independent.ie/video/video-w … 41410.html

Taylor5

I did see it, he walks up and down a few times. I thought he was having an argument with someone then Jill comes into shot, i wonder is that when she rang her brother?
    Why not ring her husband, there was loads of traffic going past, if she was worried about her safety could she not have ran out into the street. I thought it was going to be a quite area but its very busy. How can someone go missing on a 700m walk.
    The brother said she was worried about the dads health and she hung up he tried to ring back and it went to voice mail. If he is a local chap he will be caught as the footage is sooo clear, god love the family

Jedt

I wondered about that too, why didn’t she ring her husband first. Maybe her brother’s number or name was close to the top on her phone and she just rang what was easiest? or maybe she had been talking to him earlier that day and redialed? its another puzzling thing about it. but the police have said the husband is not a suspect, so rules him out.

Taylor5

Run into the Traffic! The phone call was make after the CCTV Footage ended, the brother did say there was talking in the background… please god she is found safe, but its not looking good is it!

MaryE

Its weird.

How do you go missing on a busy street like that & no one sees anything?

God, its not looking good.

munchin
    Participant

just heard on radio they’ve arrested a man who’s helping them with their inquiries.

Jedt

Is it the guy in the blue hooded jacket? I watched the CCTV, scary stuff. It was so bright and loads of cars etc going past and still, he managed to take her.

There is still some hope that she is alive – maybe he has her held captive somewhere and they’ll find her? Its so awful. Her family must be devastated.

munchin
    Participant

they haven’t said yet Sabbi – won’t confirm it – last bulletin i heard

Jedt

They say they are going to charge the man they arrested with rape and murder tonight but they have not yet found her body.

someone saw a car make a u-turn right after she was spotted on the CCTV there.

its horrific, the poor husband and family. its devastating. so sad thinking about it. She is such a beautiful girl – why would someone do something like this, sick and twisted. 🙁

Jedt

They found her in a shallow grave and have charged him with her rape & murder. I am horrified by this, I have friends & relatives her age living in Australia and it could just as easily have been one of them walking home who was abducted. http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/ar … ?id=799879

My heart is breaking for her family. An appalling outcome, was hanging on to some hope she might be alive somewhere. Its terrible.

Rest in peace Jill.

Yvonne

Its heartbreaking… I really had hoped she would be found alive..
    The poor family.

munchin
    Participant

was so saddened to hear the news last night – RIP Jill – thoughts and parayers are with her family and friends

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.