Drogheda Winter Festival?

Home Forums National Chat Drogheda Winter Festival?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    sadmum

Is it starting today?

Just wondering if any of you have brought a 5/6 year old ice-skating? Somebody told me they have special skates with extra blades for balance. Any truth in that?

yummymummy

yes its startin today till the 6th of jan.
    my ds went ice skating b4 in dundalk but i didnt bring him so i have no idea about the boots, sorry. he had a ball though and he was 6.

Joanne06
    Participant

Well i know in Dundalk they have the extra blade skates for thekiddies. Dublin too. On sayin that i always got the normal ones for my wee fella, n we’ve bein goin ice skatin since he was 4 (now 10) and beleive me the kids are better than the adults any days at the skating n balance!!!! I say u wdnteven have to worry about them to be honest!!

rossylisa

yes it is starting today im going to bring my dd sometime over the xmas … she can go on rollerblades and skates so im sure she will be able to go on iceskates

sadmum

Thanks all, much appreciated. He’s a bit nervous so I think we’ll visit the place itself and see how he feels. Maybe i’ll bring his step-sister, she has no fear and it might encourage him to try.

sadmum

Just realised its €2 to visit the market, i know its not much but aren’t those type of markets usually free?

Sweetpea

Thats a bit cheeky alright. As you say it not the $2, its the charging you to shop…. 😡 😡 😡

kasia

hi all
    we went today to see the "festival". didn’t have to pay to shop on the market.
    personally – i am bit dissapointed. 🙁 🙁 very few stalls!! and some of them weren’t even open.
    as for the ice skating – my kids are to small, but judging by the faces of others – it’s fun.

Taylor5

We went to see santa in SH today, its not all flash or anything but ds loved it. The santa is sooo nice and gentle with the kids, he looked good but he was so kind and ds took to him.
    Also very cheap, 8 euro for visit, toy and photo (which I look shocking in 😳 )

happymumblemum
    Participant

I saw a leaflet for the winter festival and it said entry is 12.50 for adults????????? whats the story there, ???? never saw mention on leafletof 2 euro

Sweetpea

Dropped by the festival today around 3 ish and it wasn’t open….. is it only open in the evenings and weekends or what 😕 😕

sadmum

I think the website is http://www.winterindrogheda.com

happymumblemum
    Participant

are the stalls any good??

redbells

Sadly, no. We went on the weekend and it was the saddest little festival I have ever seen. NO ONE was there at all. It was a ghost town. I felt so bad. Great idea, bad execution.

Belfast, for example, has a fantastic Christmas market with a good buzz about it, it is a shame that Drogheda’s festival is a bust.

happymumblemum
    Participant

oh thats a real shame dd is desperate to go to it, you would think at the weekend it would be the busiest 😯
    wonder if they will do another mother and toddler skate as dont fancy paying 20 euro 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.