drivers facing proposed car ban in major towns-

Home Forums National Chat drivers facing proposed car ban in major towns-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.independent.ie/national-news … 60153.html

MOTORISTS could face a ban on driving through major towns and having to pay congestion charges as part of plans to encourage the use of public transport.

The National Transport Authority (NTA) is planning to introduce a ban on cars travelling through towns in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath under a wide-ranging transport strategy for the Greater Dublin Area (GDA) published yesterday.

What do you think? Personally, I think, yet again, they forget that not everyone lives in ‘town’ or in ‘urban’ areas. People from rural areas with little or no public transport have to get to these towns so must use their own cars to do so. I was in Dublin last Saturday and was commenting on how handy it is to get a bus anywhere in the city and surrounding areas. If we had good, accessible transport all over Ireland, not just in the cities, then of course people might just use it more. But for rural people using your car is really your only option.

bubblesue

It would make a lot more sense if they put a decent, accessible, affordable public transport system in place first!

Taylor5

Another money racket… there is already a car ban around certain parts of Dublin City at rush hour and a ban on HGV’s on the Quays

its a joke, i will guess the brain child of the Dopes in the Green party! 🙄

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.