Dr.O’Gorman

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Canucklass

Morning! Has anyone had Dr O’Gorman at OLOL for maternity. This is my first time having a baby on the public system and have been assigned to this person. Cannot find the name referenced anywhere arrgh Thanks! :)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi and congrats on your baby news 😀

I do not know Dr O Gorman but I think OLOL is quite a good hospital and if you need any special care at all, it does not matter if you are public or private, you will get it.

You may see this doctor O’Gorman for some of your appointments but if all goes straightforward, you will probably see mostly midwives & a mix of various doctors at your visit. But this happens with public, semi-private and sometimes private too so I would not worry about it

I went private with Dr Rabee in OLOL and honestly, it was a total waste of money as I hardly ever got to see her, I still had to wait at each appointment and in the end, I did not get a private room or my consultant at my birth so if I was ever going again, I would definitely go public.

Hope that helps 😀

Canucklass

Thanks. I have had 2 babies at the OLOL privately under Dr. Harkin and found her an absolute joy. She delivered both of my girls. I would be with her again now if it wasn’t for an issue with waiting periods under new health insurance. I am sure it will be fine under the public system but it is a learning curve. Just like to know who I am dealing with. Thanks again 🙂

lemonB

Hello there,

I’ve never had a baby in a private hospital but honestly never had any issues with public hospitals. Yea you have to wait at times but the doctors and especially the midwives have been so good and friendly.I didn’t get a private room but I don’t think I would have wanted one because it’d be too lonely, I liked having the other mothers there to have a chat with and the other babies don’t really bother during the night as the midwives always come too attend to your needs if you are unable to handle it. I remember last time I had my little man 2 midwives help delivered the baby and they were just brilliant, they talked to me the whole time, made me feel safe and comfy, one of them would even hug me tight when contractions became unbearable 😆 Having my next baby in Lourdes, Drogheda early December.
    Good luck with yours.

🙂

Canucklass

Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear I do not have an issue having a baby on the public system…I just haven’t before so learning the ropes of the process. I know from experience that the care at the Lourdes is excellent. Just wanted to know if anyone here had heard of this particular Dr. as I cannot find anyone who has. I know it is unlikely that I will see this person until the end. I will find out on Monday whether man, woman, Doogie Howser, alien or animal 😉 All the best ladies!! 😀

lemonB

Never heard of that doctor, neither have I seen the one Ive been assigned to lol, all I know is that it was the same one I had with my last baby and I only saw her once before, the midwives do all the work 😀 they should be paid more than the doctors 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

We have our Mumstown parent & tot coffee morning in Drogheda on 5th Novemver and if you are free come along for a chat, someone there might know Dr O’Gorman.

How is your pregnancy going? How far along are you?

Hope you are enjoying it 😀

I loved being pregnant. Feel sad sometimes thinking I never will be again. Only rarely though…because as soon as I tik that, my 4 little nutters run in and make a real clatter of noise and I am glad then I am done!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.