Dr Brown Baby Bottles

Home Forums National Chat Dr Brown Baby Bottles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Wonderwoman

Hi
    I notice a forum before on Dr. Brown bottles and finding sterilizers that they fit into. I’m just wondering whats the crack with Dr. Brown bottles…do they do anything special??

rossylisa

that meant to be good for not getting wind or baby getting collaic (sp) something like that 😆

yummymummy

aw jaysus ive read it all now, my god!!!! isnt a bottle just a bottle!!!!

i mena even breast fed babies get wind 🙂

scole1

the dr brown bottles are to help regards colic and wind, they fit in advent sertiliser…….hth

Canucklass

We use Dr. Browns and they fit in the Advent steriliser.

Taylor5

No a bottle isnt just a bottle, where have you been yummy 🙄
    Think its time for another one for you 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Gismo

Dr. Brown bottles are great. I had to change ds to them when he was a few weeks old as we were having serious problems trying to get his wind up but once I changed to these bottles there wasn’t a bother on him. I have the avent steriliser and they fit into that once you messed around with the teeths…what we use to do is that on the bottom tray we would but the teeths with the lids over them then on the next tray we would put the tube and tube holder and lastly the bottles.

ciarac

Used Dr browns with dd and now with ds too, tried avent once with him, he suffered all day with wind, both had colic too so these were great, i bought the Dr Browns steraliser for them, 6mins in the micro, its handy fits all the bits etc for them. had used the NUk one with dd’s bottles, so have that one at home in galway now, save carteing things everywhere!
    but i would defo recommend them, a lifesaver¬!

Happymammy

Ah god now i have to go and change the bottles i got. I just got theboots brand as i had these on DD and they were great but she did suffer with coliac, but i just changed her formula to soya milk and i think i am going to start baby on the soya milk from scratch this time around.
    I must check with the hospital do they have the soya milk for the first feed onwards! There is so many different brands of things 5 years ago there wasnt this much confusion 😆 😆

Yvonne

I would recommend Infacol for a windy baby – it was hard to get E’s wind up and we used this and there was never a problem!

ciarac

happymammy, is it safe to use soya from birth? just my ds is lactose intorant, on special formula (costs 45€ per tin, only lasts 2 days!!!!!! need 16 a month!) but Paed said no way to use soya as can cause more allergies………. so maybe check first just in case, as you don’t need any of that hassle.
    sure use the boots ones, just found that the dr browns were good for my 2. I got my steralier on ebay from company in us, but you could buy it and bottles v v cheaply on it and delivered in 1 week……. so depends on how quick you need them, but worth trying it too!

sadly infracol didn’t work with mine as both had reflux so can’t take anything orange flavour, including neurofen as makes them puke!!! 😀 but gripewater is good to

scole1

god ciarac that’s a bit of a bummer …… does the baby take zantax my friend little fellow is now on that and special formula too to thicken up his feed….. hope bab is getting on ok, it’s hard when they’ve got reflux, my friends 2 kids have had it as babies and a nightmare…..i used to be over helping her with her first ds feeding him to give her a rest she said it was just a nightmre crying all the time….and spewing

ciarac

scole, we have been going through HELL here…………….. my ds is on zantac, which was doubled last week as i have spent the last month up every night listening to him SCREAMING with it………. can’t use thickner etc as all have lactose so on this special formula which costs 45€ and lasts only2 days…………… of course was told solids would help………….NO!
    my dd who is 2.5yrs would still get it somethimes……………….
    i am now officially a zombie…….. 🙄 🙄 saw my bed from 1.40am until 2.38am this morning, that’s all………… that’s been my norm for the last few weeks………. 😯 😯

scole1

god love you ciarac how old is bab? god that’s real tough going….do you have anyone to help you even during the day to give you a break at all….

the formula that’s so expensive that’s disgraceful i think you should be allowed to get a grant or something to help towards costs that’s crazy considering they’re on formula for a long while…..

ciarac

baby is 8months old……….. longway to go yet… no no-one to help me, my family are in galway and its such a pain in the ass journey down from here, takes about 5hrs and of course now he wont last that long so have to stop to feed him etc, so unless we go late at night, its a pain! have horrible inlaws who never helped ever even though i was v ill after having my dd and she was the same with reflux, they just want to be entertained when they come out to see them, which is v rare, THANK GOD

yeah have a house full of gripe water here!!!!!
    yes formula is a disgrace that is soooo expensive can get it on the long term illness card thing, eventually took some time, but now with chemists talking about striking, i dont know what we are going to do ❓ ❓

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.