donegal in the 60s

Home Forums Donegal Chat donegal in the 60s

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    adoptee

does anyone know the donegal town hotel owners in the 60s i am trying to trace my mother she worked in a hotel prior to my birth in 1965. please if you have family that would know the area and people of them days please help me

chewieodie
    Participant

Just as a matter of interest….
    Have you registered on the Birthlink register? There is a possibility that your mother is registered on there too, and that will help you link up.

I’ve got family further up North in Donegal, but communities aren’t that big… "perhaps someone knows someone who knows someone"……. 😉
    I’ll ask….

(Reason I’m asking is that …. I’ve been there, and done that… and I had a very very good reunion), but of course not everyone is as lucky….
    I hope it all comes together for you…

chewieodie
    Participant

HI hun,

Just a quick question…. do you know if it is the Central Hotel, or the Abbey Hotel?

I’ve got contacts that now work in Donegal Town…. and I can ask them if they could make enquiries?

chewieodie
    Participant

Just sent you a pm

chewieodie
    Participant

Any luck?

Taylor5

My mother stays in a hotel in Donegal and the owners are old, its the Villa Rose will post up the site later

adoptee

thanks for all them answers. im not sure of hotel but it was a family run hotel in the diamond which can only be 1 of 2 i have written to both famillies with no reply i think i will have to make a trip up, but thank you so much for all your help god bless you

chewieodie
    Participant

My pleasure…. 😉 I hope that some of the info is of use to you, and I hope you find her…
    It is a very emotional journey to take… 😉 I did it when I was 19, against the advice of so many counselors who said at the time that I was too young to search, as emotionally they would suggest it only be undertaken by someone older…..
    That was 20 years ago….. 😉

Best of luck! xxx

Taylor5

Its a long shot but would you not try ringing the Post office up there, you might get someone who could put you in touch with an old post mistress/master who would have know EVERYONE who lived and worked in the area… The post office staff are very helpful with things like this

adoptee

My pleasure…. 😉 I hope that some of the info is of use to you, and I hope you find her…
    It is a very emotional journey to take… 😉 I did it when I was 19, against the advice of so many counselors who said at the time that I was too young to search, as emotionally they would suggest it only be undertaken by someone older…..
    That was 20 years ago….. 😉

Best of luck! xxx
    i am 46yrs old i have been searching for 14years i think im going to have to get tough and confront some people ie my suspected father in donegal

adoptee

Its a long shot but would you not try ringing the Post office up there, you might get someone who could put you in touch with an old post mistress/master who would have know EVERYONE who lived and worked in the area… The post office staff are very helpful with things like this
    thanks someone else suggested that also

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.