Donating Toys –

Home Forums Louth Chat Donating Toys –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kate

Hia can anyone help/direct me to whom I can contact about this?

I went up to Lourdes with a few bags of toys and games. The security wouldnt let me drop the bag off at reception and I couldnt manage park/bags + my own kids + the piddling rain.

So when I came home and called the 5th floor, they said someone externally comes in during the week who organises this, is always looking to replenish their toys but she didn’t know who it was. Does anyone know who organises this or if there’s someone I can contact?

I have loads of little toys that we got for my son when he was immobilised, the type that would be great for any kids who can’t get out of bed. Thats why I dont just want to give them into a random charity shop. thanks, kate.

scole1

hi kate,

i tried before to donate to the hospital some clothing etc but they wouldn’t take them…
    however they maytake some toys again it depends, there is a group that does a play in hospital….somone on that commitee may be of some help..

http://www.childreninhospital.ie/help-children-play
    hope that helps..

if not i am currently looking for some toys for a community preschool a friend is starting…where budget is low so they would be very much appreciated….(sorry if that sounds cheeky)

Kate

hia scole, thanks for the link – that’s exactly what I was looking for! The toys I have are all small activity-type toddler toys and they’re very specific, most bought off the internet – as my little guy was off his feet for 4 months so I’d prefer for them to go to the hospital as they’d get more appropriate use there. But I’m doing a huge clearout so ill definately contact you later in the week about some other bits n’ pieces she’s welcome to, books aswell if she’d like. Kate.

scole1

`that would be great kate thanks so much….
    you should get someone that works on that unit, with the lets play….

Kate

no probs, now if I can gear up to sorting out this mess I’ll be flying! (btw by community-based I’m assuming its a not-for-profit organisation?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.