Disgusting ad for Harvey Nichols Sale

Home Forums National Chat Disgusting ad for Harvey Nichols Sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone seen the advert for the Harvey Nichols sale where they have a woman wearing really bright, tight trousers and there is a big wet patch on them, making it look like she had wet herself

The the tagline is ‘contain yourselves ladies and don’t get too excited about the Harvey Niks sale

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu … 3091.html’

That is horrible; showing a woman looking like she has wet herself because of a stupid sale in a clothes shop – if they want people talking about them then I suppose its working but I would not go near that shop based on that ad.

Anything showing women with issues ‘down there’ is not amusing to me in the slightest.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Here is a pic of it….am I over sensitive to this or is it disgusting? Lack of sleep can make me grumpy but I think this is awful….

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/06/ … e-too-far/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with you its a horrible advert.I wouldnt be that shops target audience though as I dont think I would be able to afford anything in there anyway.I dont get how that was picked as the best way to advertise their shop,i mean a lot of money would have gone into picking it & that idea would have been pitched to several people-what the hell were they all thinking??

chewieodie
    Participant

They say that any publicity is good publicity…. but as someone with a background in PR, there is no way I’d want my company, or a client’s company image to be associated with something like this. Simply put…. in bad taste….

munchin
    Participant

totally agree – bad taste

Taylor5

I think its funny!!! 😆 😆 😆 But the picture is crap, she is too groomed. Well done to the marketing dept, like it or not we all now know Harvey nics has a sale one……. a pee yourself with excitement sale 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

is it supposed to be pee or something else?

Think its in bad taste. There are clever ways to promote brands and shops without being so skanky!! Not gonna make me shop there, no way!!

sweetpea1979

I’m sorry I don’t particularly think it’s funny in the slightest…I get the tag line but really…seriously….they getting the publicity alright but I reckon alot more negative than positive…it’s a bit offensive as well imo 👿

happymumblemum
    Participant

It wouldnt offend me tbh..even if i had incontinence issues.

There are more offensive things out there..not sure what springs to mind but ..

Jedt
    Keymaster

after 4 kids I am not jumping on a trampoline anytime soon 😆 😆

I actually got a sensatone to ‘tone me up’ down there but have not tried it yet. has anyone else tried these, do they really work??

scole1

Quite surprised that Harvey Nichols who have a good reputation would even stoop as low as this
    Bad move in the pr department they’ve lowered their standards to promote a sale ok they have people talking abOut it but seriously do you think brown Thomas would do such an ad
    Dislike

happymumblemum
    Participant

In the same vein..

How about the Lynx premature perspiration advert?????

Same kind of thing really

happymumblemum
    Participant

Oh and Sabbi Taylor is your woman for fanny info 😆 😆
    She must be like a vice now 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is the expert for that area indeed hmm 😆 😆

I am waiting on her to let me know about the sensatone for pelvic floor tightening!!

Taylor5

She is the expert for that area indeed hmm 😆 😆

I am waiting on her to let me know about the sensatone for pelvic floor tightening!!

TBH i did use it for a while, then i forgot… i must get it back out, my toner not my fanny!!! 😆 😆 😆 Now girls dont pee yourself laughing!! 😉
    It did make a huge difference… but then im just sooo crap at doing kegals myself so this suits me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.