dirt of the streets

Home Forums Louth Chat dirt of the streets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    libby

What was Drogheda like this weekend, rubbish everywere…

Bins overflowing … It was horrible

Does nobody empty the bins???

ed1
    Participant

libby have to agree with you. it was disgusting. drove over west street on sunday morning around 11 and could not believe it. never saw it like that before. disgusting 😡

yummymummy

i was down town yest and me and j were doging sick, food and the poor child needed to throw out his chewing gum but i wouldnt let him near the bins, was absaloutly disgusting!!!!!!!!!

noeleenw

it was awful , do the bins not get emptied at the weekend or was this a one off , not very good impression for tourists

joey_rudd

the corpo for some unknown reason have desided that they won’t be cleaning west st on the weekends from now on 😯

Taylor5

I think the pubs and clubs need to carry the can for part of this problem…. the village I lived and drank in, the chip shop owner would empty the bin on the street when over flowing and at the end of the night he would walk the main street picking up the burger wrappers and chip shop rubbish. The nightclub had bouncers on the street telling people to move on and keep quite, they would police the village untill the last crowd left…… They are happy to rake the cash in but not willing to fork it out, it wouldnt take much for the club owners to send staff out to clean the streets

joey_rudd

its not just all the rubbish covering the streets, has anyone noticed the amount of smashed windows and graffiti after the pubs let out…theres no point in forking out all that money on west st ( it doesn’t look any better) if they are just going to let people get away with ruining it every week end

Taylor5

Has the CCTV been fitted yet?

joey_rudd

I don’t think so…not the last time i was down there it wasn’t

bunnacurry

It was possibly a much busier weekend last week because Drogheda won the League. However whats the point in doing up West Street if you can’t walk down it on a Sunday afternoon. It was terrible. It is upto the pubs and clubs and the Borough Council to take responsibility for this and ensure that cleaning is happening at the weekends and not just Monday to Friday. Temple Bar is a very good example where the street cleaners are out at 6am every morning to ensure that the streets are cleaned of the previous night’s debris. The traders and businesses have made a conscious effort to try and keep it clean at all times. What tourist would want to walk down West Street last Sunday or family want to have a drink outside the Moorland with the terrible state it was in.

yummymummy

well they were out yest cleaning it, looked much better.
    i know it was prob cos the drogs won but even still the town should be kept clean, i cant bear people who throw rubbish on the ground, its disgusting!!!!!

trixiebell
    Participant

Jeez, I was down the town on Sunday as well and it was an absolute disgrace, bins overflowing, rubbish lying everywhere.

I heard on LMFM yesterday that the council have stopped overtime and this is why there was no rubbish collected, they need to get their acts together, not a pretty sight for tourists, I was embarrassed to be honest.

Why spend all that money, and then not pay for the upkeep of the streets 😯

Taylor5

Bunnyacurry the street cleaner in Dublin was always a sign you had a great night out, if they were out while you were falling home 😆 😆 😆

All parts of Dublin the traders make it their business to make an effort and clear up their mess. Just find it so strange it doesnt happen in Drogheda with it being a small town 😕 I know the street cleaner in our village (Rathfarnham) would kick up a fuss if it was in a mess on a Monday.

Canucklass

What about the dog dirt on the streets!!!!!!!!!

I almost had to pick my buggy up and carry it down one section of sidewalk the other day. Nothing p’s me off more. If you have a dog get over yourself and get that plastic bag out! Poop and Scoop People!

Ahem soapbox put away now…… 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

Lots of write ups about the rubbish in Drogheda Indo and in the Leader, one particular letter fromthe manager of the D hotel who was showing potential business clients around Drogheda this weekend!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.