Dilema with Montesorri

Home Forums National Chat Dilema with Montesorri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Almae

Girls oh god I am sick typing this. we had a huge run in with our Montesorri Teacher/Owner today.

I picked up dd as normal today and on the way home dd told me that she was crying at school and i said why said that "she was tired and didnt want to go outside" , and that XXXX(name of teacher) squeezed her cheeks real hard when she cried. I was sick to the stomach.
    Going back to summer camp, dd was at the summer camp in the school and there was 2 older kids at it aged 7&8 (why is beyond me ) they went to the came with the teacher XXXX who minded these 2 kids also, hope yee are keeping up. The Boy who was apure bully , pulled dd hair, took her susu and winnes , these are her comforts when she is missing home she rearly takes them out only now and again.
    anyway again on the way home summer camp dd told me all this and i reported it to one of the nicest Girls in this world that is a montesorri teacher in the place and she fillout a report form etc.

DH called the principle and she was on duty today with the other teacher XXXX who did this to dd today and she went all defensive and said " what was our dd issue that she is so sensitive" , we have never kept it a secert from them that dd is attending Enable Ireland and is being assssed also for suspected asperges.

I got dh to cancel the cheque I handed her yesterday for €300 and I am pulling her out of the schhool immediatley.

am i right or wrong. ???

Liverbird

If that was me i’d be up there pulling HER cheeks off!!!! let me tell you!!!!! Anyway i’d feel bad about sending my child there again and i think the poor child would’nt want to go anymore. they would probably be afraid. I’d too would have cancelled the cheque. I think your right what you did. You want your child to be happy not bullied!!!!

Gismo

That sounds completely awful and unprofessional. I wouldn’t let this go and would take it further. I can’t imagine what you are going through as its hard enough leaving our children in other people’s care. Then for it to go wrong is devastating.

super minder

report that is pure abuse. check of them. your paying good money for that.
    if a child falls in my care i have to fill in a form and keep records of everything. im a child minder and dont have to do this. but i feel its my job to be giving good service. ie fun and safe and the kids love comming to me.

im sorry for your child and you. xxxx

Almae

thanks to all , I just thought i was over reacting but I feel much better knowing she is not going back. The only draw back is she loves 2 of the other teachers and we love them too and she adores her "Buddies" as she calls them .

I am going to see another place tomorrow and its only €150 a month for 3 days a week. the place she was in was €300 for 3 days a week

Gismo

Almae you little one will make new "buddies" I would definitely report this place so no other parent has to go through what you are going through

scole1

that’s bad form almae, i know if that was my ds there would be blue murder especially if i got an answer back like that….
    i would definately write everything down and write a letter to them airing your opinion and disgust make sure you have all the facts and make sure if having given a deposit make sure it’s refunded….
    state that you are considering taking further as this is dispicable behaviour and such carry on is unprofessional etc…

but make sure you tell them what’s for…as this cannot happen to another child….
    hope your dd is ok…she perhaps doesn’t know what’s happened but that’s besides the point….

Almae

well dd came down out of bed and asked her daddy " daddy will you sort XXXX out , dont let her hurt me again". 🙁

oh god i am sick to the stomach , i keep asking myself what if XXXX didnt mean it , or didnt do it , i do believe my dd 100% but the thought is there 🙄 I am still pulling her out i dont care.

scole1

well seems as though xxxx admitted it….we had an incident recently a family one where he ds went to a party with his grandparents and my dh cousins grown men were calling him names and rippping the mick out of ds2 that was 6weeks old name….
    my ds came home and told me that he was being called names i was very annoyed, and my dh brother confirmed it and i went nuts i had learned that bil had also had a go at their cousins….

so i think kids will tell you the truth and sometimes can ellobrate the actual incident but if it’s something that really upset them i think they’d tell you, so no harm too in confronting i doubt it’s a story she’s made up….

oh so angry aswell for you..feel your anger…

Almae

the owner/principle told hubby that XXXX would have/hadto reprt the incident to her and it didnt happen and that she was "shocked at the accusation"(sP) , as i said to hubby why would XXXX admit it or report it what would she gain , but a loss of a job.

i believe my little girl who is only 3yr and 4 months 😉

scole1

do they have cameras? if so could demand that video footage be looked at….

Almae

no they dont have cameras, at the end of thee day its my dd word against theirs BUT I am writing a snotty letter to them and dh cancelled the cheque also so they are not getting there september payment , 2 days into new term and this s*it happens

scole1

write your letter air your feelings and then blow pink bubbles and don’t dwell on it….realise the anger and start afresh…

Taylor5

Oh your so right moving her, I had an issue with my ds1 in his first playschool, he lasted only 2 full weeks before I moved him…. his teacher just didnt like him and wasnt willing to work or help with his bold behaviour, he was 3 and 2 months and he was gettinginto trouble for htting and pulling toys off other kids, will pm you the details later
    I moved him and his new playschool was brilliant even though he still did give a bit of touble, I was very happy but I moved him again for his full year, I went with my heart not my head and after only 2 weeks in summer camp and 2 days Im delighted, he has brought home more Art (would never do it) in 2 days then he did in 6 months in lhis old place
    Think when a child is happy you’ll know in the child iykwim (sorry trying to watch ugly betty)

libby1
    Participant

That is absolute disgraceful

Nobody should be allowed away with that – I would be ringing Louth / Meath Childcare and reporting this……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.