dd was attacked by a dog

Home Forums Louth Chat dd was attacked by a dog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

got a new dog on sunday and we where told he was good with kids , brought him for a walk on sunday and monday any way we had him on his lead and we brushed him as he was moulting and he just flipped and grabbed dd6 by the face and flung her to the ground .. couldnt believe it dh got him off dd and i brought her to hospital where she got 12 steri strips to her face and collar bone , has to go back on friday to see how she is healing … thank god she is ok

scole1

omg that’s awful…what you going to do…i’m sorry but i would put the dog down…that’s so serious…hope your child will be ok…..my god….let us know how she’s doing, i forgot to mention i was attacked a few years back by a great dane the dog was put down i was never nervous of dogs until this happened, took me awhile to relax around dogs but still nervous even having one myself, i have a scar not big but emtionally like caligal said….

i hope the scar heals and she will be ok….i’ll be thinking of you guys

scole1

sorry repeated the reply

Almae

noeleenw , i seen your post over on mm . and its awful … i hope your dd is ok…

regarding the dog , It was from a resuce center ? some dogs are very very skittish and it does take a while to settle and gain trust.
    When the dog was being brushed he could have been hurt ,had a cut etc and just turned toward the person nearest to him.

I dont trust any dog , not even our own dog with dd .

I am glad your dd is ok and I am glad the dog is back in the Rescue Center and its clear he is not suitable for homing…

CaliGal

HORRIFYING!

That dog needs to be euthanized so that it doesn’t "accidently" happen to another kid/person.

What a horrible thing to happen. What did the rescue people say? Sheesh what CAN they say, "Gee, we’re sorry?!"

I hope your DD will heal without too much physical scarring but I am sure the emotional scarring will remain longer than any physical wound…

noeleenw

yup dog is gone now thank god …. we all got a terrible fright and dd is coping very well we will NEVER get a dog again we went back to dogs home and the lady could not believe it we spoke to previous owner who also couldnt believe it .. ds age 2 and 9 where also there we are blessed that he didnt get ds2 and that he didnt get dd neck /vein

CaliGal

So scarey to me as these attacks happen more often then we like to admit.

Not a fan of dogs here and wont be getting one till kids are in their mid-teens if at all!

your better off getting a pup and training it on your own. we had a lovely dog in are family for 17 years he only went for someone once as that person had a pellet gun to his ear but he didn’t hurt him as he lost his teeth when he was 14 but he was a really kind and caring dog loved by all who cared for him. he actually saved my life when i was a child i was nearly attacked by this black dog i dont know what sort it was but my dog chased him away.

hope your DD is alright?

sunshineorla

Thats terrible. It must have been very traumatic for the whole family.
    We just got a new dog this week too. A stray that turned up at a friends house. She already had 2 dogs. I was over and back trying to decide whether to get him….until dh and ds cam home from a weekend in cork where the family have a dog. All I got from ds was " Mammy , puppy, get puppy" LOL.
    Its a lovely quiet dog but you never know when they could snap and we dont know whether he is used to kids so we’re very careful to supervise ds,2, around him. He is a bit rough with him so we ‘re trying to teach gentle interaction. Pretty much impossible with a 2 year old. 😀
    I am definitely wary of him but hopefully the good stuff will outweigh my nervousness. There is already greta bonding there.

noeleenw

dd had nightmares last night 😡

Almae

ah poor baby…sending hugs

Yvonne

Oh my God Noeleen, your poor DD…. that is shocking….
    Glad the dog is gone… hope you are all doing ok, xxx

scole1

ah hope she’ll be ok….hugs to her

Maria30

Noeleen, hope you are all ok after your very traumatic experience. Hopefully your daughter wont have any more nightmares. It must have been so frightening

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Noeleen,

That’s terrible, the poor little mite. She may be traumatised for a while and also, may be afraid of dogs now after this.

If she has problems with nightmares and getting off to sleep, there is a treatment called ‘sleeptalk’ you can look into. It can help kids with traumas, especially at sleep time.

Hope you are all doing ok now, must have been an awful shock for you all.

Take care.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.