dd keeps wetting herself help!!

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! dd keeps wetting herself help!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i need help!!! my three year DD has been potty trained for about a year now and used to have at least three dry nights a week but the last couple of months she just wets herself constantly day and night. it can happen up to 8 times a day and ive had to put her back in pull ups at night i just cant cope anymore i dont know what to do, i feel so useless and an utter failure. please somebody help me!!

munchin
    Participant

first of all you’re not a failure – your little one can possibly sense how your feeling and it could be contributing to the whole thing.
    Secondly -is there a medical reason possibly kidney infection or the like that maybe started it off?
    My dd1 was a dream practically trained herself but dd2 ha she just wee’d everywhere was going to give up but she could sleep dry, she could go for trips in the car and stay dry just when we were at home she went anywhere, anytime, she was only 2 & 5months at the time, we got a star chart, explained that she needed to use the toilet for a wee and she’d get a sticker each time she did it and when she filled the start chart we’d take her to toy shop and she could pick something – worked eventually, the toy/reward at the end doesn’t have to big just something they want and something for them to aim for – hope it helps.
    btw my dd2 is now 3+ and suffered there a while back from a little tear and as a result was holding her bowel movements, she got into a habit of having to have one of us hugging her/being in bathroom with her doing her poo’s, we implemented the star chart again to try break the habit and it’s working. good luck

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you for your advice but ive tried everything, star charts, rewards, bringing her myself even shouting which im not proud of, i just dont know what ese to try. i brought her to doctor and no infections 🙁 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.