day out to belfast

Home Forums National Chat day out to belfast

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    scole1

has anyone been to either of these places they look good for the kids….w5 sort of like imaginosity and exploris (aquarium) see links below….

http://www.gotobelfast.com/link_open.cf … ris.org.uk

and

http://www.gotobelfast.com/link_open.cf … line.co.uk

libby1
    Participant

Hi

We have been to w5 , we found it great, especially those with the enquiring mind,,,,

You would need to go early and spend the day there, loads for kids to play with and try out ,, Adults can play too…

There is nice food courts as well.

We has a great time

scole1

ah great, did you drive or get the train, was thinking of the train but not sure how far etc from train station…..

Taylor5

Scole I dont mind driving just nick robs stanav for me…. Idont think my back would be able for all the standing around waiting for trains, as least we have more freedom in the car

libby1
    Participant

Hi

We drove, i wooould hate the train.

We stopped in the outlet on the way back.

Taylor5

Libby how long from Drogheda and is it easy to find?

redbells

It is a short walk from the train station to W5 and it’s a nice walk along the Lagan. You are also very close to the city centre and can walk in from W5 if you like to have a nosy about (see the new Victoria Square and all). If you go on Friday or Saturday early enough you are also within walking distance of St Georges Market which is kid-friendly (petting zoo area, music with space for them to dance to, art and crafts, this is on the day the market is for foodies, a nice spot to have lunch at! I think that’s theSaturday but check the Belfast City Council website for more info). Taking the train means no hassle with parking or finding your way about and if you are just doing W5 and the city centre you don’t really need a car to get about.

I think Exploris is on Strangford Lough which you would need a car to get to? It’s a good aquarium but I would think that would be a different day trip rather than combine the two.

Taylor5

Redbells thanks alot for that info, so it sounds like the train then….. didnt know w5 was in the city. I might ask my mum to tag along if she wishes, she has free travel and gets the bus to belfast as she’s afraid of the train, so if she comes with me I’ll kill two birds withone stone

scole1

that’s great thanks redbells, that’s great info and the markets sounds great excited now, how easy am i excited but would be a great day out, on the map it doesn’t look too far from station but you know maps so great to hear from ya about it…..thanks a mill

scole1

girls went to W5 yesterday and had a great time wished i could’ve spent longer, learned a few things myself…..brilliant for all ages at the demo’s a good too…..would highly reccommend it to all…..

But the one thing we did that wasn’t kiddie oriantated (sp) was we took a black cab tour of belfast….wow…this was good, very informative indeed…..we went down to shankill estate saw the murals…very powerful and went to the falls road, again it’s mad to think everything that has and still goes on…..the different sections blocked off by a 32ft wall and gates close at 8pm every evening to complete the wall…..we also visited Bobby Sands grave….for me was strange as having read about and been told about him and the hunger strike when in school and then to be standing at his grave…..

anyway would reccomend the tour for those interested….and we didn’t get to do the open top bus tour but we will the next time…..

defo take a trip to W5 really enjoyed it…ds wants to go again….

Taylor5

I told my mum about your taxi ride and she said she would have loved to have done that when she was up in Belfast a few weeks ago, she is going to add it to her things to do

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.