Damn pop up windows!!!

Home Forums National Chat Damn pop up windows!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought it was a thing of the past but in the past week or two, the amount of unsolicited pop up windows is infuriating! :twisted: :twisted:

I thought it was just google chrome so I tried opening internet explorer and got the same! Even a post I just put in reply here on mumstown a few minutes ago, one of the words changed to a hyperlink of some other window!

Anyone else getting the same??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dave

Just take a quick look at your security settings – make sure pop ups are blocked. I have a filter on our laptops that stop any popups and you get a small icon when something tried to open – its like McAfee is bragging that it nabbed another enemy!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Thanks Admin. Even with my pop ups blocked, firewall on and a few other gremlins these damn things are still appearing! The most common seems to be something starting with "buildathome…" which is one of those annoying "your computer is too slow, click here to fix" pieces of crap! 👿

Where did I put my Uzi?….. 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you getting these from a particular site? 😳
    They are infrequent nowadays but obviously still bothering people.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Often when I click a known link, for example if I clicked on "national chat" on here, a new window would be opening. Also, posts I did earlier, when I see them back, the odd word has changed to a hyperlink to an external site, same with some of Sabbi’s posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.