Crocodiles, hula hoops and backflips – oh my!!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Crocodiles, hula hoops and backflips – oh my!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For the past few weeks our 7 & 5 year old daughters have been going to Kids Yoga and acrobatics at LabFitness.

We had no idea what to expect but it was supposed to be all about building their confidence and increasing their flexibility so we liked the sound of that and signed them up.

The first day I brought them to the class and left them with a very excited Laura & Vanessa and headed off for an hour (its best if they can do it without their parents watching, it gives them a bit more freedom!)

When I came back, I had two very happy and very excited little girls waiting for me. They told me about how they made shapes and movements like ‘crocodiles, dogs, snakes’ and how they ‘hopped like a frog’ alongside Laura and Vanessa.

As the weeks went by they enjoyed it more and more and came out each time flushed and full of excitement about what they had been doing.

During the classes they have been jumping through hoops (literally), stretching, bending, jumping and doing all sorts of exercises – which to them is not exercise at all – its simply ‘fun’.

They go back next week and are looking forward to it. It has been great for them and we highly recommend it.

There are classes for 3-5, 6-8 and 9-13 years too. So something for each age group. Its a great way to encourage activity without making it boring.

A big thumbs up from our girls :wink:

See here for more: http://labfitness.com/?page_id=394

Yvonne

My DD has been going to the yoga too, she is really enjoying it! She has made a couple of friends and she looks forward to heading in each week.

She is 8.5 years old and I put her into the older group (9+), she loves showing off some of her moves to us afterwards.

Her only complaint is that she has to give up part of her Nana’s visit on a Saturday for it! 😆

Would definitely recommend it!

Taylor5

I hope to get over with the boys, now that after school has finished we have a few free afternoons

laura

sabbi has some free passes for our kids classes and also adult classes for the month of January..so make sure you get down to the coffee morning next week to grab a few. 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

yep, we’ll have free class passes Tuesday so come and nab one if you or your little one wants to try LabFitness! 😀

Taylor5

Good woman, i will be there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.