Creches

Home Forums National Chat Creches

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    kcireland

I’ve also heard really good things about Bright Horizons in Grange Rath and I think they take babies.
    Also, Aspirations in Doncarney take babies. I know the owner, lovely with kids & professional!

Have a look at the MT creche directory:
    http://www.mumstown.ie/directory/direct … rent_id=21

Wonderwoman

Hi KC..thanks..i’m looking into Bright Horizons at the moment, but unfortunately Apirations only take from 1 year now!

I’m also checking out Tots & Co in Mornington Manor, if anybody has heard anything about this creche…..all comments welcome!

ArtyMum

Is Oasis in Mornington gone or just gone downhill?

Wonderwoman

Hi Arty Mum
    I’ve not heard good reports about it from another mother, but it’s still there.

Rang Daisy Chain, and they also only take from 1 year….

there are very few creches that take a baby before one year old….which I think is a bit ridiculous, as a lot of full-time working mothers have to return to work after maternity leave which is 26 weeks!! And lets face it, creche fees are not cheap!!!! 🙁

munchin
    Participant

my little one goes to a branch of bright horizons and started at 5.5months but that was last year not sure if anything has changed – i’ll ask them this evening

Wonderwoman

Hi Munchin

Bright Horizons in Grange Rath do take them from 6 months, so I’ve arranged to go and see them.

Is this the creche you use…how do u find them?

munchin
    Participant

no wonderwoman i use BH in Ashbourne and i have to say i’m very very happy and more importantly so is my little girl – she’s with them 9months now – when she joined they were only just opened and there seemed to be a high turnover over of staff but all their teething problems were very quickly sorted and they are really really good with the kids.
    They were only starting to build the branch in Ashbourne when I was pregnant & I went to see the Blanchardstown Branch which is also their head office & I was most impressed over other creche’s I’d seen.
    I should point out that it is infact the dearest creche in the area but i wouldn’t move my daughter – she loves it!

Wonderwoman

Hi Munchin..Grangerath’s just opened recently enough aswell…i have an appointment, so i’ll let you know how i get on. thx for all ur info.!

Sweetpea

Hi Wonderwoman, I would be very interested in hearing how you get on in BH. I was thinking of putting my DD in for a couple of mornings a week later this year. She is just gone 1 and would like to get her used to other little people. I keep meaning to drop in and check the place out but just haven’t got round to it.

Munchin, I have a friend who has her little boy in BH in ashbourne aswell and as you said she can’t fault it either……. it’s because of her experience that i thought about BH in grangerath….. hopefully it is something that they insist in all their schools ❗

happymumblemum
    Participant

my dd has been at little rascals in tullyallen for two years and I think they are very good. they have 3 rooms creche/playschool and montessori

Wonderwoman

Hi sweetpea….The creche is lovely, as its new and purpose built it’s very nice, and very clean. And they seem to run a very efficient creche…everything is monitored, daily feedbacks etc etc. But they are very very expensive, more expensive than any of the other creches I looked at in the area. I personally wouldn’t be keen on paying their prices, because I was equally impressed with Peter Pan & Tots & Co. and they’re not as expensive, and they’re both in a more convenient location for me. That said as Tots & Co are so new, they’re don’t have many children there yet, so its a little more difficult to judge, but they girls seem very nice and the place very clean!

hope this helps.

Sweetpea

Thanks for that Wonderwoman, will definately consider them. I am not looking to put DD in just yet so i have a bit of time to shop around plus i am only looking for a couple of mornings a week. Hope you get something sorted soon for you and your little one 😆

Wonderwoman

hiya Sweatpea

yeah i’m getting sorted, like you i’ve a few months yet…but as there can be waiting lists so I wanted to get all the info, and then put the babys name down on our preferred creches.

Canucklass

We were going to send my DD to bright horizons before I decided not to go back to work. We were very very impressed with them and the facility is beautiful.

We were not impressed with Jellytots but they had just opened at that time so I am sure all the initial kinks have been ironed out.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.