Creche report today’s Irish Indo

Home Forums National Chat Creche report today’s Irish Indo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Have ye seen the article in today’s Irish Indo about the neglect and mistreatment of babies and children in some of Ireland’s creches?

Here is the link: http://www.independent.ie/national-news … 98817.html

Shocking stuff….I sometimes pop to collect my kids early from pre-school and I must admit, I often have a nosey outside to make sure they are happy and being well looked after. I have never heard of even 1 HSE spot check in any of the pre-schools & Creches my children have attended in the 3 years they have been attending. Surely this is a cause for concern?

Luckily we have had good experiences but its so hard to keep an eye on these things all the time. It is a worry…

In the US they have webcam in some creches so the parents can watch in during the day to see how their little ones are getting on.

Do ye think this is a good idea?

super minder

i tried webcam in my little placeschool and one parent said to me she didnt want anyone looking at her kids.
    the only ones with eccess to this webcam were me or other staff member or the kids parents.
    so i hadto get rid of it.
    i have nothing to hide and love the idea of parents been happy and able to log in to see there kids. xxxx

more measures of safety in playschools etc is great . keep it up.

chewieodie
    Participant

The playschool that my little ones are inhas a camera in every room, which I admit gives me a great sense of ease. Initially, when DS started, he was very unsettled, and I used to go and sit down in the administrator’s office and watch him to see how he was settling in. Also, for me the fact that its all "on camera" is great, because in event of there ever being an incident of any nature, it is recorded…. which safegaurds both school and parent/child.

Taylor5

i tried webcam in my little placeschool and one parent said to me she didnt want anyone looking at her kids.
    the only ones with eccess to this webcam were me or other staff member or the kids parents.
    so i had to get rid of it.
    i have nothing to hide and love the idea of parents been happy and able to log in to see there kids. xxxx

more measures of safety in playschools etc is great . keep it up.

I cant believe that 😯 😯 😯 My sister had her little guy in a creche with webcams it was about 9 years ago so not many places did it, she would shed a few tears having to leave her ds in, but she would log on and see how he was doing…… she loved the idea!!!!
    The first creche my ds1 was in (only lasted 3 weeks) on his very first day we went to collect him and he was walking out the door on his own into the carpark only 20 yards from the main road!!!! I went in and asked how this happened, they said there was some confusion and he left with another woman…… Ah well sure thats fine then 🙄
    You just never know where we are leaving our kids

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.