CRECHE FEES??? QUICK QUESTION

Home Forums National Chat CRECHE FEES??? QUICK QUESTION

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Mummy5, I agree totally with you, parents do need to come together as it is a very important issue & the government, should be making it a priority.

You have some very valid points & i have learnt some things form you that i didn’t know about childminders & you are obviously such a professional about childminding.

I wasn’t referring to you when i said that i should not be "Bullied", as you were just making your point, like i was.

Like you being insulted by my comments, i also get insulted when people imply that i am not a good mother because i can’t stay at home and mind my own child

I think this is a great forum for sharing of opinion & it annoys me when people get personal as everyone is entitled to theirs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I’ve done both in my time. When my first child was born I really struggled going back to work and back then it wasonly 3mths maternity leave. I went back on a 3day basis simply because I missed her so much.

I did the same when my second was born and then gave up work outside the home when my 3rd was born. I went back to work part-time just over 2yrs ago and again much as I loved work my kids struggled with me working as they were so used to me being at home the last 6yrs and I missed being at home for them. I’m now working as a childminder from home to incorporate both into my life. I love being with children so it was a natural choice to childmind.

I think many of us parents struggle with the balancing act of working and children. Many parents really enjoy their jobs and love getting out to work and at the same time really love and enjoy being with their children too. Its not always about working for money, some Mums will be honest enough to tell you they love their jobs and don’t want to put their careers on hold to be a stay home mum.. And thats okay too.

I really feel strongly that no parent should be judged for working and enjoying their work. It is not for everyone to stay at home and for some people, yes, it is a question of not being able to afford to stay at home and their wage is necessary. Many Mums simply have to work and yet would give anything to be able to stay at home.

And thats partly why I childmind. If I can help make it easier for a mum to go out to work, knowing that her child is well looked after and happy then I feel I’m doing a good job. I know, as a Mum, how difficult it can be to leave your young children with someone. I had my own Mum to help me but not everyone has that now and thats where childcare is becoming so important to parents now.

I think working parents, but Mums in particular, do a great job against theodds in many cases. We all only want to see our children happy and cared for.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.