Coughing, wheezing and now, vomiting too :)

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Coughing, wheezing and now, vomiting too :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Our poor baby is so unwell. The past few weeks have been a nightmare. She started with a cold that developed into a chest infection and then this developed into asthma. She has been on anti-biotics and an inhaler and then, on top of all the coughing, snuffling, wheezing she has had diarrhea and now, vomiting too.

I think her immune system must be so low that she is just not able to ward off infections etc. that maybe the older kids are bringing into the house.

She is not even sleeping well at the moment (which means we are not either!). I was in with her for such a long time last night trying to settle her and she was just not able to get back into a nice sleep. She kept waking up and falling asleep and waking up again….it took so long to get her settled into a good sleep again

My heart is breaking looking at her little face. She looks so pale.

Very tired little girl and Mammy here today :(

munchin
    Participant

oh sabbi if at all possible do as little as possible today and both of you have a duvet day – I know not easy with work and the others BUT it sounds like you guys need it
    Hope your baby is feeling better soon x

lil92

Awh thats awful i hate when that happens. I always find putting vicks on her feet helps too and the promise of something special when she feels better. Hope she feels better soon!

munchin
    Participant

oh yep the vicks on the feet definitely helps when they’re coughing badly.

How is she today?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope she is on the mend at this stage. if not a few things that I have used to help the coughing wheezing and snotty nose are

Calpol Saline Nasal spray- helps clear out their nose so can sleep better.

Karvol- decongestant capsules- the vapours help them sleep better- same idea as vicks I suppose.

Jedt
    Keymaster

She was still sick Friday & Saturday but got a little better on Sunday, so we thought yesterday that she was on the mend. But then this morning, she got sick again.

I am taking her back to doc today – really not happy with her being sick again today, she hasn’t eaten anything proper in days. I can feel her belly getting smaller from these past few weeks of being unwell 🙁

Jedt
    Keymaster

And I’ve noticed over the past few days, her hands and feet are unusually cold. I am going to mention this to the doc as well.

I have been holding her hands and feet, trying to warm her up but they are so cold.

We are fairly wrecked and very worried at this stage. 🙁

rossylisa

Hope she is ok. My house is like a small hospital since October. With chest in fections and other infections my Ds(5) also ended up with an inhaler as well he never needed one before now. We just need this big freeze to kill off all the germs so they can get better

Jedt
    Keymaster

Tookher back to doc today and he said it looks like back to back viruses and its basically a run of bad luck.

But because she has lost weight and has been unable to keep much of anything down, that if she gets sick again, we’ll have to take her to A&E to be assessed.

She might need fluids if she is dehydrated from being sick over past few days. So we’ll see how we get on tonight with her and decide in the morning what to do. But if she gets sick again tonight, we’ll just take her in. Its been going on too long now and I am worried about her not having eaten anything proper in so long.

Making mashed potatoes now and hoping for a result….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have fingers & toes crossed that she keep her food down so you don’t end up in hospital, speedy recovery little one x

munchin
    Participant

oh really hope you don’t end up in a & e with her

lil92

Hope she feels better! X

munchin
    Participant

how did she go through the night?

Jedt
    Keymaster

she was sick again a few times yesterday evening, so took her to A&E. They gave her medicine to stop her being sick (why didn’t GP just give us this?) and we had to wait there for a few hours while they gave her something to eat & drink and once she could handle that without being sick, then we were able to go home.

She slept ok and was tired and a bit cranky this morning (to be expected). Gave her some 7up and she is having a snuggle with her daddy now. fingers crossed no more being sick!

I’m going to work this morning for an hour or two but will be in PJ’s snuggling with her by lunchtime today and will hopefully get her to take a nap with me this afternoon.

I reckon (more like I hope!) strong coffee can sustain me until then…

munchin
    Participant

ohh poor mite – hope she’s on the mend sabbi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.