Cot Bed Mattress wanted

Home Forums Louth Chat Cot Bed Mattress wanted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

must be in excellent condition

Taylor5

Its not safe to use second hand mattresses, but I only put a spring on in the bin 2 months ago…… was 100% fine just didnt want ds1 and ds2 using the same mattress due to risk of cot death etc..

yummymummy

dreamondreamer, please dont use a second hand baby mattress!!! They are not that expnsive to buy. So unsafe!!

Ok girls, I was looking for one in as new barely used condition but I have priced them since in smyths and they are very cheap 🙂 So ye can relax 😆 I am buying one there tomorrow xxx

Taylor5

🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Check out http://www.babesafe.com – there is extensive research that shows cot deaths are more common on 2nd hand mattresses. In addition to buying a safe new mattress, You could also get a mattress cover from them which will keep your baby safe from harmful substances which may be present in certain mattresses.

I had a cousin who died from cot death so we are very aware of it in my family and I have always wrapped my mattresses with Babesafe covers for my 3 children

It’s a non profit organisation and the guy who founded it has been awarded an OBE for his work,

Good to know about this stuff…

Taylor5

I had a spring mattress for ds1 he used if for 3 years, I chucked it in the bin and paid 125 for a new spring mattress then only to be told by the girl in the shop that its okay to use a spring mattress for 2nd babies etc…. I was a bit peed off that I chucked the mattress before I went shopping but then I had a think about it and God forbid the "What if’s?" started….. What if something did happen to ds2 (touch wood it never happens) but if it did I couldnt live with myself and would always blame myself, but if something did happen or if you thought you could prevent it you would ….. so in my eyes it was 125 euro well spent.

Cant understand how people would buy secondhand mattresses

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.