Cosmetic surgery??

Home Forums National Chat Cosmetic surgery??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Okay i want you ladies to tell me what you think….

After having 2 kids and breastfeeding my once fab DD boobs are in bits!!!
    Im not happy at all, its fine when i have a bit a extra weight but as soon as i start to loose the weight, i hate how they look.
    I said to dh this evening how i hate how they make me feel, he said "okay, do something about it" I know im not happy but i dont know if i would get surgery!
    Did anyone out there get surgery that they are happy or unhappy with? I know its alot of money, but dh said it could be my 40th birthday present
    One of my friends is the same, she wouldnt even think about it, she said she wears padded bras from penneys and it makes her look and feel great

libby1
    Participant

No way – i would never consider cosmetic surgery

You read all the stories in magazines – yuch

Taylor5

i know, i have watched all the programmes and read all the magazines… i was full sure i had changed my mind after watching horror stories on living tv….. but now im changing my mind again!
    Is there any good stories out there or do we only hear the bad ones?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thikl like anything there are positive & negative stories out there,if you are thinking seriously about it just make sure you do proper research as unfortunately things do go wrong currently there are women in ireland who have breast implants that have industrial strength silicone in their chests due to a french company doing things on the cheap,these women have to get their implants out as they are extremely dangerous to their health.

On the other hand i have a friend who had a completely flat chest & she had no confidence because of it & all she wanted was implants after researching it & saving for 5 years she went ahead with it & i have never seen her so happy & full of confidence,so really it is up to the individual to do what they want.

What i would say is that there is a risk with any general anaesthetic & things do go wrong.I remember a few years back P Diddys mum died getting cosmetic surgery done & I imagine she wasnt doing it on the cheap,i reckon with all the money her son has she would have gone to the top surgeons.

I have wanted liposuction on my stomach for a long time as no matter what i do i have never been able to have a flat stomach,i doubt my chances even more now that ive had my daughter but I dont think i could deep down justify putting myself through surgery.

I hope you are happy with your decision, whatever you decide to do then thats the right decision for you.

MaryE

Do it if it will make you happy.

There is a few things id like to have done & hopefully will do someday.

Taylor5

Do it if it will make you happy.

There is a few things id like to have done & hopefully will do someday.
    e
    This is on my someday list for a while…. just feel life is too short and if i keep thinking about doing it, then i should just bite the bullet.

I was on one of the top clinics web sites and they were using PIP implants!!! So that is a worry.

Haileysmum thanks for you post, its nice to hear that someone is happy with their results…. i have seen some nasty results on tv programmes. I know my dh would be happy 😆 😆 😆 I have had about 5 generals and touch wood it would go okay, was it not kanye wests mother who died getting a boob job and lipo?
    I know it wont be this year but im going to save a bit harder and maybe do it next year

Jedt

There must be lots of women & men happy with the cosmetic surgery they have had, otherwise, there would not be so many clinics popping up around the country.

Its a tough one, on the one hand you don’t want to have surgery but on the other hand, if a part of your body is really getting you down, then the surgery could make you happier. Which is worse?? Being unhappy about something and trying to live with it or going through a painful and difficult procedure to sort it out?

In all honesty, there is a part of me that would love to have my tummy sorted out but I am a big scaredy cat and am not sure I would ever have the guts to actually ever do something about it. I have thought about it though…

As for the boobs, a close relative of mine had very large breasts, size GG and they were genuinely putting a strain on her back and making her miserable. She had them reduced and lifted and she is really really happy with them. They look totally normal, there are no implants so its real boob, just reduced and re-shaped a bit. She was very sore for several weeks after the op but once everything settled down, she has been fine.

I reckon it would be hard for a mammy with young kids because you cannot lift them or do heavy housework etc

A good bra can really lift your mood – as well as your boobs!! (like the photo you showed me taylor, you saucy mare!!!)

Taylor5

That photo was for you and your vajazzle not for me!!! 😆 😆 😆

A good bra is fine, like a wonder bra….. when you take it off you "wonder" where your boobs have gone?!!! 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taylor you are right it was Kanye Wests mum,i got my rappers mixed up!!

If you do go ahead with it,let us know how it all goes for you

CaliGal

I hear ya Taylor and I am getting this done in late 2012/early 2013. I have to be breastfeeding free for 6 months so wont be for another 6 months minimum or longer as I will let Zara self ween.

Most of the publicized deaths from cosmetic surgeries are linked to liposuction not breast augmentation. Liposuction is very risky as there is a fine line as to how many cc’s of fat tissues the surgeons can remove at one time. Too much and the patient will hemmorage and bleed to death.

I am gonna get a breast lift with saline implants behind the chest muscle tissue to make them look like they used to. Currently I have deflated boobs that really make me sad to see in the mirror! Three breastfed kids has left them like deflated balloons sagging sadly south with my right breast disproportionately and noticeably larger than the other too 🙁

The women that have had silicone implants from the Harley Medical group in Dublin in my opinion were silly to get Silicone implants. Any research on the implants and different types clearly show a long problematic history with silicone implants.

I would not go abroad to have the surgery either as there is a lot of post op checking and healing over several months.

I say do it Taylor as you have another 40 years to be sexy for you and your hubby 😉 I think taking care of Taylor the woman is just as important as Taylor the mom and wife. Do IT! I know I am and am looking forward to the new me in a years time or so 🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

I am in the other camp ..sorry Taylor!

I would say no way..there is a risk with any surgery and if something went wrong due to something I put my body through that wasn’t medically necessary then I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.

Of course usually everything would be ok but I wouldn’t be willing to take the risk..but thats just me personally.

I don’t think implants last forever do they? Financially isn’t this something that you would have to pay again for in the long run?

If the boobs are really distressing you and affecting your whole outlook then I would say go for it in your case..but it wouldnt be for me ( easy to say with my fabulous boobs 😆 😆 ) 😉 😉

Taylor5

Caligal im delighted to read your post, im looking at the same timeline myself… we could see if we could get a bogof offer 😆 😆 😆 I want behide the muscle as it gives a more natural look.

I dont think anyone can understand how a woman can feel about body issues, I look fine but i always had big boobs before i had kids and i just feel out of proportion. I know it doesnt need to be done, but i want the old me back! I have fought years and years of postnatal depression and if i
    cant give this reward to myself and make myself feel and look better, then what can i do….. A happy mammy/wife is a good mammy/wife!

Its something that has been in the back of my mind for years and its notgoing away, life is too short, i think im going to go for it!! I know its a general but you could be hit by a bus and be gone in a blink of an eye!
    My friends think im mad, but they say it with there D and F boobs

CaliGal

lets look into a buddy discount 🙂

MaryE

If you can afford it & have your husbands support & it will make you happy, then go for it.

Taylor5

If you can afford it & have your husbands support & it will make you happy, then go for it.

I cant be he can 😆 😆 😆 As i said i always had big D to DD boobs, dh was always a boob man, so i think it would make him happy too 😉

Caligal i got some really cheap padded bras in penneys, they make you look great in a t shirt, give a really nice shape…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.