Consulting with spouse….

Home Forums National Chat Consulting with spouse….

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Hahahahaha….. my niece who is 21 didnt believe us that tvs were only in black and white and NO REMOTES 😆 😆 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

Well…. my tuppence worth would be….

DH and I coming up for 17 years married in April… 😉

Basically…. we have a joint account…. any purchases made… the other would know about… courtesy more than permission in our case.
    All about communication. We also respect each other’s opinions, and once again, neither would go and purchase anything big ticket without the other’s prior knowledge….

Your DH could be feeling frustrated and slightly out of the loop (as others have said) being away from you, especially now. He just wants to feel of value. Once all pg hormones are out of the way, and babs is in your arms…. etc… yip, you need to have that conversation and lay it all out on the table. If you keep it inside, you’ll only brood upon it, and it will become much worse.

You are both independent beings, and realistically if you are expected to consult on everything to the colour of the toilet paper…. that would be a bit frustrating.

Good Luck!

Taylor5

I agree Chewiode, it is down to respect rather then permission, but if my dh was out of range i would just do things and tell on his return. If i was down in Shaws and was picking up a few bits (2 or 3 hundred euro) i wouldnt ring dh and likewise for him if he was in the Golf shop….. but there would be times he would ring and says "oh im looking at this or that (always expensive when he rings) just running it by you"
    Well really he wouldnt have a clue what the bills or saving would be like….. it do think its really what your mood is like that affects how we feel. 9 times out of 10 dh can leave socks on the floor and not bother, but the odd time i could just flip!!! Think men are the same
    It cant be easy being away….. but as you say if you had to consult for the colour of toilet roll that would drive you mad, i had a Uncle who was like this….my poor aunt was a ball of nerves and a secret drinker (not that secret) because of the man!!!!

angelmum

i reckon he’s just annoyed cos he realises you can do things without him…….let it go over your head…..

Taylor5

I do think how we take things depends on our hormone levels, i know when i was pregnant i took things to heart and dh would do things that would really upset me, nothing out of the ordinary….. he would say goodbye to me when he would get up early for golf, he called up to me from the door "see you later" and i was sooooo upset that he didnt come up and say goodbye!!!

pookie2

Ye all sound soooo sensible & rational…..

Hormones prob are affecting my judgement – maybe I’m too blooming sensitive these days. On the other hand maybe he thinks hormones in, reason out!!

Haven’t heard from him in eight days, but should be back in contact in the next day or so. Hopefully it will be one of those storm in a teacup things that will just die a peaceful death.

He’s great with in serious situations (terrorists, pirates, kidnappers, civil wars….. 😆 ) but bins & spiders are usually too much for him (think the pongy baby nappies push him over the edge!!!!) They’re my territory! I leave him to deal with engines, punctures (buggies, bikes, cars…), world peace & economics…..

All these posts just prove to me that women should be running the country…..

Taylor5

Love your last post, very funny and very true 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I remember reading men are from mars women are from venus and laughing at how crap i thought it was, but then i moved in and got married to a MAN!!!!…….. and it SO true!

Could you imagine a man going through pregnancy or childbirth ❓ 😆 😆 😆 😆

hjs

Does my head in – u look at any war-torn, conflict ridden, unstable part of the world, and who do you see marching the streets, inciting the crowds whipping them up into a frenzy with mad rhetoric, running the countries? Flippin men! ALWAYS men. Women either too oppressed in these places, or, more bloomin likely, too BUSY living life, multi-tasking, raising the next generation, putting tea on the table to get wound up about these things.

If men were put in their rightful places (ie, Hannibal Leccter style straight jackets) and made to let us just get on with it, we’d all be GRAND!!!!!

No famine, world peace AND the bins would be put out! 😀 😀 😀

Taylor5

ROFL 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    But who would change our flat tyres? 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.