CONFUSED

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth CONFUSED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

just found out last week im pregnant on a hpt. (2 of them) went to gp today and her test came up negative. very confused. I had the test i took in my bag and was able to show her the positive result and she said we’d go with mine and just repeat a test next week. of course first thing i did was buy a test so im going to do it first thing tomorrow. This happen any one else? im afraid to get excited. (im 6 weeks) :?

chewieodie
    Participant

Are you 100% sure of your dates… ie… 6 wks? Reason I’m asking is that different tests react at different levels of HCG in your system. Also FMU is the best, with the highest concentration. (Especially if you did a test with your GP later in the day)… 😉

Its possible that you used a early indicator test…. (ie… ones that show a result days before your period is due)… and GP has ones which would reflect after your period has been missed.

Check again in the morning…. and take it from there….

Best of luck and baby dust to you! x

chewieodie
    Participant

And… how did it go this morning kjmam?

Holding thumbs for you…x

Jedt
    Keymaster

We had a similar experience on our first baby. The home tests (all 3 of them!) showed as positive but when we went to our doc 2 days later, his test showed a very weak, barely there line. he actually told us not to get our hopes up and he could not be sure the pregnancy would ‘stick’.

now, that little blue line is sitting beside me doing his homework.

Try not to worry, I think the shop bought tests are often better than the ones the doctors use.

also, tests show quicker in the morning apparently as there is a higher level of HCG at the start of the day so the next one you do try morning time, or if you go back to doc, go in the morning.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

kjmam

ok so test was positive this morning and been feeling slightly nauseous today so things look good fingers c rossed all goes well 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

That’s great. I started to feel sick around 6 weeks on my first pregnancy and even though its not pleasant, I took it as a good sign that baby was taking hold!

Keep us posted and get some ginger biscuits and ginger crystals to suck on – somehow it helps a little. x

chewieodie
    Participant

Good stuff…. 🙂 Ginger biccies…. mmm they helped me too… and I swore by my seasickness bands… 🙂 and of course never letting yourself get hungry… little and often….

STICKY baby dust to you! (Been thinking about you all day!) 😉
    x

munchin
    Participant

ah that’s great news – on the nausea – i thankfully never got it too bed UNLESS i got straight up out of the bed of a morning – someone told me to have a packet or rich tea or ginger biscuits beside the bed and to have one before i got just to have something in my tummy – it worked!
    Best of luck x

kjmam

thanks guys very excited nausea not to bad today but if its anything like my others i know whats coming morning noon and night sickness was awful but so worth it 😀 due september will keep you all posted im a very happy mummy

Jedt
    Keymaster

Such happy news 😀 (aside from the morning, noon & night sickness!!)

kjmam

awful weekend started to have a bleed on friday night went to a & e and am booked for a scan tomorrow but last night i started to bleed heavily. I’m so heartbroken doesnt look good. Never been through a miscarriage before and i just feel lost, cant believe that my little baby could be gone. 😥

Fabienne

Thinking of you, sending you positive thoughts.
    Fabiene

munchin
    Participant

thinking of you xo

Anonymous
    Inactive

hoping & praying that your babies heart beat was picked up on the scan ,thinking of you xx

Jedt
    Keymaster

how are you? what’s happening?

I’ve been through two miscarriages and I really hope this is not happening to you but if it is, you are not alone, there is alot of support & understanding for you here. x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.