Condensation on windows !!

Home Forums National Chat Condensation on windows !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Scarlett

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of condensation on windows ?

Please ! Its driving me mad, Thanks

Fabienne

Can’t wait to read the answer.
    Drives me mad as well.
    Some part of our windows are fixed, can’t open it and scrappe the water outside, like I do for my bathroom window. It’s amazing the amount of water I drain everyday.

Fabienne

Scarlett

Yes, very annoying. Its easy to wipe away in the morning however I am looking for a prevention please if anyone has any ideas.

Taylor5

Yes, very annoying. Its easy to wipe away in the morning however I am looking for a prevention please if anyone has any ideas.

I had a window guy doing work in my house and asked him about this, he said its not the windows but the insulation in the house. Im going to ask a few neighbours who got their houses pumped, did upping the insulation stop the condensation.

My mam has new Eglass windows and the condensation comes on the outside, could live with that 😀 The new windows im getting will be eglass too.

I use a tea towel and just dry it off, i hang on the rad and use the next day, i change the teatowel every other day as i dont want it to smell
    Forgive me but i thought pvc/double glase window were to do away with this problem 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.diydata.com/problem/condensa … sation.php some useful info….but I think its because our houses are so warm now and so insulated. Know drying clothes on a clothes horse definately causes more moisture in the air. We bought a little humidifier in Argos and plug it in, in the kitchen….it does the job and keeps the patio doors/windows clear. There is a large amout of water collected in it.

Taylor5

having vents blocked can cause this too…. but myvents arent blocked so confused why its happening

libby1
    Participant

I have this on my car windows – espically the main window – Takes about 15 mintues to clear window before i can move off

Taylor5

My aircon is goosed and needs to be regases… i get this too whole car steams up (no smart comments HMM…. NO its doesnt be rocking when they steam up! lol )

happymumblemum
    Participant

😆 😆 my lips are sealed

Jedt
    Keymaster

Open some windows during the day, even for a few minutes to allow some fresh air in to circulate. Also, make sure your vents are not blocked, leaves etc can get caught in the vents and this is bad for ventilating the room.

Its still annoying and needs cleaning every day…. Our work is never done 😡

Taylor5

i open my windows everyday, hail rain or shine!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.