Communion

Home Forums National Chat Communion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

Right ds is making his communion on 16th May and my x wants to do a meal type thing on the day (im not pushed as my dad HATES him and i can just imagine the athmosphere at the table :( )
    Anywayhas anyone any suggestions for a nice place to eat as i need to get booking asap for around 25 people id say.

Also ds bay is the 15th may and i was thinking that i would do a buffet type thing in my house on the sunday and get bouncy castle for family and friends who wont be there on the day and to mark his bday , is it excessive or would you do it??

Or if anyone has any suggestions id be open to hear them :)

Thanks.

Yvonne

You couldn’t go wrong with Redz for nice food (this is where my nephew wants to go for his communion!) – the Glenside is usually good too, or Donegans…. Bella Atina??
    I would do something on the Sunday for his bday, at least then he won’t feel its forgotten about too. Only thing is that maybe alot of his friends will be away on the Sunday too?

yummymummy

aw no it wouldnt be a party for friends on the sunday maybe just my friends kids and my little cousins i just dont want it to be forgotten about cos of the communion, just buffet type food, a cake and some sweets.

never thought of redz! See im not one for crowds and if the place was packed (as its not that big) id go mad and panic.

my x’s mothers partner is cook in westcourt, i was thinking of taking a room (small one) (she did something similar for her mothers wake) and do the food there, that way people can move about etc, but i dont know how much this would cost or if its even viable, what do ye think?

munchin
    Participant

my niece is making hers on the same day
    i think she’s going to have something at home – she’s thinking of getting caters in as far as i know.
    if you guys do go for meal on the sat i would do something alright for his b’day.

rossylisa

my 2 nephews and my niece are making it the same day to ..if M hadnt have been kept back last yr then she would have been making it so kind of glad now she will have her own special day …

the party at your house sounds very good..

yummymummy

just wish x wasnt so adament on a meal, what fun would j get out of that id much rather do it in my house and have everyone come up there instead of 2 seperate days and its going to cost a fortune too but sure what can ya do.
    maybe with him out of a job he might consider against a meal, must bring it up again might do tw see what he says.

munchin
    Participant

just an idea but what about having your day with J on the sat in your house bouncy castle etc etc then let him go to his dad on the sunday and celebrate it with his dad & family?

yummymummy

munch that defo WONT work you dont know my x, if i suggest that then he’ll say eh sat is my access day and im having him blah blah blah just the way he is, and for me its anything for a quiet life you know. id rather go for meal and all that jazz on the sat then just go the mass and be told right see ya tw you know. access order in place and he throws this up the odd time if he feeling in the mood!!! he a dope!!

scole1

have a party at home, get the food in and celebrate the both together…..you could theme the day….

kids don’t really wanna sit around a table listening to adults yap and drink etc, they want to have fun enjoy themselves go mad, afterall it’s his weekend let him decide….

then if he says have bouncy castle etc or whatever you can tell your x well he decided it’s his day now back off….

noeleenw

yummy what is your ds goin to wear on the day are you going for a suit , my ds is making his on 23 may

yummymummy

scole i know and my x is one of them "let the child decide" type of person, we shall see how it goes i havent broached it with him yet i just asked him for numbers yest. have to ease in slowly with him hahaha.

noeleen he wants to wear a suit, waistcoat and all but told him suit but no waistcoat (too wedding for me) after all the girls get their nice white dresses dont they, seen a fab one on next webiste and not too pricey. my mam thinks im mad that he will never wear it again, so i asked her when exactly did i wear my dress again???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.