Coming to Sligo…

Home Forums Sligo Chat Coming to Sligo…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I am coming to Sligo for a weekend with my husband, 6, 4 and 2 year old children and the grandparents and am looking for things to do and places to visit.

We are staying at the Clarion.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Thanks a mil.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Is there a Clark’s shoe shop in Sligo town? My daughter has been promised new shoes for school when we go away and I just wanted to know if there is a good choice….

magnumlady

Not sure if you have already been to Sligo.
    There is Cordners shoes that sell Clarkes.

For things to do Eagles Flying in Ballymote is great.

Jedt
    Keymaster

We spent the weekend in Sligo and sadly did not have a nice time. The town is lovely, scenery is gorgeous, food is lovely and the locals were friendly – everywhere apart from our hotel. The Clari*n

It was absolutely horrible and dirty. The staff were so rude and they claimed to be super child friendly but they were definitely not. They told me about water slides, kids clubs and all sorts of activities when I made the booking but when we got there, all that was floating in the pool was 3 mangy floats with bits missing out of them! Like bite marks….

We were heading into the town the first morning and my daughter picked up a bottle of half empty WKD Blue that had been left at the hotel entrance and tried to drink it. Yuk!! I picked it up, along with some others and brought them to reception so no other child would try to drink them. They didn’t even apoligise.

Dinner in the restaurant took 2.5 hours and when they gave us the kiddie menus, with cartoon characters on them for colouring in, theyhad no crayons to give the children for colouring!!

I specifically told them I had a 2, 4 and 6 year old when I booked and they assured me there were activities for them all but the 2 year old was not allowed take part in anything. They said the minimum age is 4 but that is not what they said when we booked.

Our room was supposed to be a family suite – we had to pay an upgrade of 60 euro for it but it was really badly laid out. Instead of 2 rooms with one interconnecting door, we had two rooms with a hallway and two doors in between so we could not hear the kids if they woke up as they were two doors and a hallway away!!

I complained but it made no difference and in the end, we checked out a day early to come home.

I think Sligo is a cracking town and I’ve always enjoyed visiting but I will never go near this hotel again – I wish I had known as there are plenty of other hotels we could have gone to. We picked this one because it was supposed to be so child friendly!

Oh well – next time we’ll ask a local before we book!!! Lesson Learned!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.