Come on Jedward!!

Home Forums National Chat Come on Jedward!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Its Jedmania or Jepic as they say 😆 – guess its in keeping with the madness that they have created their own wording. Sure, its partly down to them that OMG is now in the dictionary!!!!

beams

I was out last night and in the hotel bar they turned off their music and put on the jedward performance – everybody stopped talking, looked and clapped and cheered when they had finished – they are truely a tonic 😆 😆

ed1
    Participant

I am really looking forward to watching it tomorrow night now that Jedward are through. I really think they are going to win.

My DH is gigging at a wedding tomorrow night and they have learnt the song….. So I am wondering, does anyone know where I could get the cardboard Jedward headbands, you know the ones that look like their hair?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Breakdancer!!! 😯 Sabbi for the next coffee morning i will being the lino, this is one i’d pay to see 😆 😆 😆

So that’s where I’m going wrong…..giving financial advice when I just be charging for dancing! 😆

Up until a few short years ago I was still judging the all Ireland hip hop championships (as some of my ds and dd’s friends have found out! 😆 )

Think it would be a bit more "breaking" than "dancing" these days Taylor 😆 But you sooooooo reminded me of a few "lino" memories! (Think those videos will be staying where they belong! )

Come on Jedward!! 😀

Taylor5

Im sure you could make you Jedheads from some cereal boxes…

FC where you part of the crowd who did their break dancing in and around Dublin City in the 80’s?

Girls Dundrum shopping centre are showing tomorrow nights show in the outdoor area on the big screens, it FREE and somewhere for under 18’s to gather to watch as part of a group.
    Beams you just took me back to watch Ireland win the Eurovision many years ago, think it was Niamh Kavanagh that won at the time, we were in the Barge pub in Rathmines and the place was buzzing, you could hear a pin drop in a packed pub at the voting…. ah the memories 😆 😆 😆

My ds1 is allowed stay up tomorrow night to watch the show 🙄

ed1
    Participant

Im sure you could make you Jedheads from some cereal boxes… :

I would just make them if it was for the kids, but its for my husbands band. I thought it would be good if Jedward win tonight that they put on the headbands and sing the song at the wedding they are playing at. Might make them for the boys though.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Taylor, I think we were among the first to bring it to the streets of Dublin about 84ish, then we went on to tour doing shows in nightclubs around Ireland. Actually, it was doing such a show in Lucianos in Drogheda that got me to know people who became friends in Drogheda and ended up moving here! 😆

Of course I was about 6 at the time!! (not) 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

I know a few break dancers they were from Southside but they would dance in town and at shows a chap called Mucko (dont remember his real name) and a neighbour Paul Herbage, cant think of the others

You might know mybrother from Dublin City in the 80’s he was a punk Floyd was he name and he was a street Artist around Grafton Street and College green , he was always in Hotpress, was on the front cover at one stage…. he had a mohog about 2ft high 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

They were brilliant, it was a great show and most of the songs were good… we were in 3rd place at one stage, 8th place aint bad, they should be very proud.

Thought the winning song was terrible and so out of tone and pitchy… but what do i know?

MaryE

Jedward certainly made everyone smile this week & we all needed that.

Everyone seemed to be watching it last night, even my "too cool for school" brother – He said he was watching for the women!! lol.

I actually liked the winning song. There were a lot of good songs this year.

beams

Jedward were the best …………..WE WAS ROBBED 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

When they were in third place I was feeling very optimistic – but was surprised they came in 8th at the end. Thought they were great, they had a great stage presence and the crowd seemed to go nuts for them.

Being a part of this will be great for them; I’d say they’ll be touring Europe in no time at all and best of luck to them.

And at least we came top 10 and don’t have to qualify next year – so well done to them for that!

Lovely to know there was a good crowd waiting for them at Dublin airport this morning – a nice change to see people in Ireland smiling on the news, we have to thank for that!!

Taylor5

Louis said they are booked solid in Europe for the next 12 months and song writers contacting them since the Eurovision…. think he said they are to pocket 5 million. Well done lads

Jedt
    Keymaster

and they won an award on the night for ‘Best artists’. They gave out 3 additional Eurovision awards after the winner was announced, was nice to see Jedward win something. afterall their hard work. Fair play to them.

The news was so happy last week with them hopping all over the place and then last night, sadly it was back to misery with protesters and violence.

Last week Ireland was getting good positive media coverage thanks to them, it was nice while it lasted!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.