Come on Jedward!!

Home Forums National Chat Come on Jedward!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Seems there are still a lot of begrudgers out there and while I can understand Jedward are not to everyone’s taste, you cannot diminish their unbelievable work ethic; they have to be the hardest working young popstars out there

They are always on the go, give loads of time to their fans, don’t drink, don’t do drugs and don’t make a show of themselves in public – like many other celebs do. Nor do they push overtly sexual lyrics at the kids who listen to them. They are a bit crazy but also, very hard working and full of energy, so shouldn’t we get behind them for Thursday & hopefully Saturday in Germany?

Paddy power bookies have changed the odds on them to win since they hit Germany last week and gained loads of new fans from across Europe by being so energetic and charming. Paddy Power, who initially said they had no chance at Eurovison are set to lose 2 million euro if they do win this weekend and you know what, it will be their own fault for being so negative about Jedward and gave them unrealistically long odds in the first place!

I am proud of the fact those two guys are over there not drinking and partying all night – it shows that Irish people are not just about getting drunk and that cannot be bad for our image. Lets be honest, we’ve not been the most popular of late and the way they are conducting themselves is only helping us!

I wish them all the very best on Thursday, hopefully they will do well and get to the final and maybe even win it!

And to those who say it would bankrupt us to host next year – lets remember the tourism it will bring in.

Brenners

Well said! They are such hardworking, fun lads. They are setting such a great example for Ireland in Europe and I have no doubt that even if they dont win, which I really hope they do, they are doing themselves and their country proud. I have brought my 10 yr old son to see them a few times and they really do work so hard and I wish them the best of luck.

munchin
    Participant

agree Sabbi
    I personally don’t think they’ll win down to politics more than anything else BUT i really hope they do get through to Saturday and do there best 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

They are doing us proud whether they win or not – hope they do well from it, they deserve it for all their hard work.

Was surprised to hear even Johnny Logan had a pop at them – he has a bit of a cheek, considering he still wears the same white suits he did in the 80’s 😆 😆

beams

Yeah come on Jedward……Johnny Logan is an old fossil 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

I still like ‘whats another year’ all the same 😆 😆 Ah though, it would have been nice if Johnny was behind them, he’s the eurovision king in Ireland!

Taylor5

Was surprised to hear even Johnny Logan had a pop at them – he has a bit of a cheek, considering he still wears the same white suits he did in the 80’s 😆 😆

He is that feckin old now, they might be the same white suits but new added p*ss stains 😆 😆 😆 😆

I dont really like Jedward, but from the moment i heard "lipstick" i loved it. Only today ds2 and i were bopping about the kitchen with it on full blast. I was listening to the Mooney show today and they are over in Germany, ALL the hotel staff are wearing "Jedheads" even the reception staff 😀 Lena (the german entry) has fallen for them, she is bring them everywhere and almost been glued to them

I really really hope they win, itsmad to think how far they have come from their Ghostbuster days on the X Factor, Lewis Walsh knows how to spot talent… or should i say a money spinner!!
    Also watch out for the Red haired backing singer, she is the Irish girl from this years X Factor, she is in the Girl Band Belle Amie (cant remember her name)
    Good luck to them and i will have EVERYTHING crossed tomorrow night… If they get through to Saturday i will get the vino out for the first time since last August!!!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hope they win Taylor just so you can have a glass of vino or two!!

Johnny Logan was on Today FM this morning, taking back some of the things he said about Jedward and claiming he was misquoted (cough, cough)

But fair play, he did wish them well and said he hopes they win. So finally, Eurovision legend, Johnny is on board with the madness of Jedward too. Its only right – would be bad if he was slagging them off at this stage, he’s massive in Germany, so probably does not want to annoy his own fans by going against them!!

Its such a silly show but I am looking forward to watching it tonight.

I wonder how the crowd will react to them? Apparently there are legions of fans outside their hotel in Germany. Ah sure, its all just a bit of fun, so no harm in it. 😉

Brenners

Well done Jedward! They were great tonite, have really high hopes they will do it for Ireland on Sat nite, good on them!

Taylor5

They were brilliant, you have to love their energy… the background screens was a bit trippy and ott at times

I hope they do really well, annoying feckers but so hard working and nice chaps. i have never heard anyone who met them say they didnt like them.
    CANT WAIT FOR SATURDAY NOW1!!

I had an image of the big wigs in RTE having a stroke looking at the show, if we win (big if) how the heck do we afford to host the show next year 😆 😆 😆

The breakdancing act was amazing, think that was another Riverdance moment in the making

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well done to John & Edward – mad as brushes but full of great, enthusiastic energy. They seem to be getting a great reaction over there and also from the crowd tonight. They were getting great cheers

Hope they do well Saturday. Heard Blue are in the favourites – I think their song is a bit drippy…nowhere near as much fun as lipstick (even though it makes no sense!)

happymumblemum
    Participant

They were great 😀

Yvonne

They done great and I’m delighted they got through!
    Hope they do well Saturday.

Financial Companion
    Participant

I think they are the best chance we could have of winning, especially with the whole "lets vote for our neighbours" that has gone on for a few years. Of course they are not the most talented singers to come out of Ireland but Sabbi is right about their clean, hardworking ethic! I hope they do great! A mantra that I taught my kids when people mocked popular artists is that people only mock two things in that vein, "that which they fear or that which they envy"!

Taylor, last August since you had vino? 😯 You can get treatment for that kind of torture! 😆 😆 😆 Hope you get to enjoy a glass or three! 😉

As a former (very bl**ding former! 😆 ) breakdancer, I loved the interval act, their timing was absolutely amazing!

Okay, now the song is in my head again!! 😯 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Breakdancer!!! 😯 Sabbi for the next coffee morning i will being the lino, this is one i’d pay to see 😆 😆 😆

They were amazing, would love to see it again, im sure its on youtube.

Im singing that feckin song all day, starting to get excited… this has never happened with eurovision before, really thinkk its Jedward fever

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.