Cleaning Seats?

Home Forums National Chat Cleaning Seats?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne

Hi, my dining chairs have cushioned seats – black ones – which are a big mistake with a 3 1/2 year old!
    They are pretty dirty and am looking for the best/easiest way to clean them – I have tried Vanish upholstery, but its not much good….
    Any ideas would be great!

mumof2

Hi Yvonne,

I just did mine before christmas. I went into the chemist and got a soft nail brush and with a bit of elbow grease and washing up liquid (and i mean a tiny bit of it) they came up like new.

There all stained again with my 2 yr old but nothing as bad as they were. I will get them covered in black leather whenever I have the money. Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on. Best of luck

Mumof2

happymumblemum
    Participant

you would think vanish would be good wouldnt you but every time i used it for some thing it never works 🙄
    Washing up liquid sounds good alright or maybe baby bath/shampoo.

mumof2

Vanish never seems to work for me. So dont bother using it any more. Speaking of stains. I dont know what they put into the chocolate this christmas but my ds is still dribbling and has some chocolate stains on his good new clothes and they are hard to get out. Need not try the vanish.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi mumof2 try putting in a cup full of washing soda crystals with your regular powder..you can buy them any where even mace

Yvonne

Might give the washing up liquid a go… a good idea to get them covered in a leather – any idea where that can be done? Would definitely consider that…

mumof2

Leave it with me Yvonne and I will get back to you. I know somebody that does know somebody (iykwim).

Taylor5

I find wipe when the spill is fresh with a baby wipe, find them brilliant for removing stains. But is so dirty they need washing I would use, a small bit of washing powder in wram water

Yvonne

Thanks Mumof2!
    Taylor – if only I had cleaned them when it happened!! 😆

scole1

mine were black cloth too andgot manky so went to zhivagos in finglas and got some leather material for 30euro and covered over the chairs myself 6 chairs think it was 2 mtrs i got or yards can’t remember but if you went to tully’s etc and sais you had 6 chairs needing covering and how much will you need…..but for 30euro they’re now wipeable…and life saver

Yvonne

That sounds good Scole – but how did you secure it???

Liza

Hi Yvonne,
    Did you get sorted out with your cushions? J said if you can get the material he knows someone that does reupholestery..

Taylor5

Girls I did a valet on dh’s old car, I did price a full valet and it was coming in between 120 to 180 😯 This is just to clean it to sell, so I went to halfords spent 30 euro (enough to clean the 3 cars)
    I cleaned the roof and seats with warm water and Daz and Spray vanish… it cleaned up a treat but dont know how it will dry out.

mumof2

Great stuff I will drop my car to you when im up in the morning and you can clean it. ha ha ha

Taylor5

I still have to finish his car, then when I get mine back off him I have to clean and condition the leather as its filthy…. plus want to give his new car (secondhand car) a wipe over as the valet wasnt great 🙄 But dh will have it dirty in a week 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.