circus in town….

Home Forums Louth Chat circus in town….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Went to the circus up beside Lidl and its the first time I’ve been in ages. I have to say the acts were really good and I enjoyed myself as much as the children. But the state of the place :roll: Know it was raining but the ground was in a real bad way. Large puddles of water which we were told to be careful when walking in. The ground was very uneven and very muddy inside the tent. We had to step over big puddles inside the tent. The seats were fine when you got to them but it was very hard having to leave the tent and try not to step in big water puddles. The toilets were a no go area….so much water in front of them you couldnt actually get to them. We had to leave and go in the car to Tesco! Then to top it off two different sets of people started smoking in the tent in front of us…..I said it to a worker on the front of the tent and he said something along the lines of ‘ men they go crazy for their smokes’. No joy there. Pity about the condition of the grounds, the toilets and the attitude of the guy towards people smoking while watching the circus…….as I said it was a very good show and the kids had a ball.

Taylor5

Was there any animals… dont want to go to one with animals.

Also what price were the tickets, tried to look at the posters but couldnt see

hjs

haven’t been but waiting at lights today noticed on posters it said sea lions and horses for defo and maybe some other animals…

Taylor5

Eh No Thanks…. will pass on that one so!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Sea Lions.. god love the animals..wouldn’t give them mymoney…

Never been a fan of travelling Circuses/ Fairs etc.

Not hugely mad in the zoo either but at least the animals are in habitats which mimic their natural environments as far as is possible and the zoo would spend money on conservation etc and helping animals in danger, but I hate seeing the forlorn looking animals round the back of the circus next to a busy road.

If you want to see nature close up at its very best ,go down to West Cork , I always go out with Nick Slocombe out of Reen Pier for A whale watching excursion, have seen dolphins, Basking Sharks, Minky Whales and all manner of sea creatures just in front of my eyes..awesome..
    Will be taking dd out next Summer to see them too..she is just a little to young at the moment as the trip lasts 4 hours ish and she isn’t mad on the boats..an hour is about enough for her.

Another guy Colin Barnes who does fab trips out to see was actually on the telly a few weeks back on an Irish Wildlife programme.

While circuses are fun and I can see the attraction I just wouldn’t be mad in to it personally

Taylor5

I would do if its circus acts, but after the pant shitting experience at the one at the Europa a few years back, never again!
    After that i looked into circus with animals and the amount of close calls with the public and animals breaking loose!! Dont want to put my kids in the front line of danger again

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually thought there was no animals at all but there were horses, dogs, sealions and penguins 😯 not mad about the animals at all and prefer the ‘human’ acts. Think it was €10 in……we were all a bit on the cheap as I had a pass for 2 people and my sister got a pass for 4 people by ringing the number in the paper. so only cost us a €10 for 7!!

Taylor5

Is that paper offer still on? What paper? I have the kids tomorrow so might bring them out for the day, then daddy can do the dinner when he gets in 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Watch the penguins don’t escape Taylor 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Watch the penguins don’t escape Taylor 😆 😆 😆 😆

I not kidding, the last one we were at, we were in the front row right beside where the bring the animals in and out… great place to sit? Yeah all fine until the lion made a break for it while the tiger was making its way up the tunnel!!!!! After a few of us jumped seats etc… and it was all sorted after a few minute (i think they used brushes to beat the two animals apart, i do remember someone saying they heard a member of staff saying get a gun!!!!, but i didnt hear it)
    The ringmaster laughed and said "can we have a clean change of underwear for the folks in the front row" and im not kidding i was a few cm from needing them 😳 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

I remember 😆 scary stuff…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.