circumcsion

Home Forums National Chat circumcsion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    scole1

hi girls just wondering if anyone knows anyone who’s kids have been circumsied (sp), my little man had an accident on paddy’s day anyway friday we ended up in a&e and was advised he get circumsied as his foreskin is way to tight and has a condition called phismosis….. and have been told he’ll need to get it done in the next few weeks…..

all comments welcome pro’s and con’s as i’m in one hand all for it as been told he will nothing but problems when he’s older and then i’m so worreid for him also…..

so all thoughts welcome….

yummymummy

J has this, was diagnosed about 4 years ago and at our last check up we were told he would grow into it!!!!!!!!!

He has never complained about it since, dont think it bothers him, but prob will in years to come and then we will have to deal with it.

His dad is totally against him getting it done whereas im not bothered either way, id just like to know that if he has to eventually get it done, wouldnt it be better to do it now rather than later.

just another thing to add to the list of whats wrong with him 🙄

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yikes, I would get it done now while he is small at least, especially if there will be more problems when he is older..

yummymummy

but if they are saying he will grow into it and he’s not having any problems, they wont do it!!!!!

Sinprey

hi scole. while circumcision is a quick straightforward procedureits still irreversible surgery! and shouldnt be undertaken lightly.if he hasnt had any problems up until now surely they dont need to rush into it ..steroid creams should be thr first line of treatmenton the other hand.if its extremely tight and causing him sever discomfort and effecting him going for a wee.(which can lead to retention of urine) maybe its the way to go.dont let the docs call the shots before you consider the options.

scole1

well i asked that question the other day he had an accident and checked to make sure his testies were there and they were that’s all i thought about, he never complained once, and we have never had problems with him going to the loo or soreness etc, but have noticed cannot see the tip when pulled back at all….anyway, then he wet the bed on wed night then in playschool on thurs teacher said he was a bit weepy all day, never complained about his down runders, and then that night wet the bed but was screaming saying willy was sore, i thought this was coz he wet the bed, wouldn’t let me touch it, then about an hour later started crying again and dribbled in the toilet while screaming of the pain and willy had swollen and red, then passed a little blood not much litterally when i dabbed there was stained urine, so rang cottage brought him in at 7am she thought maybe was post injury and was concerned that he may have damaged the shaft and said if he hadn’t passed urine by lunchtime that day fri to bring him to a&e….didn’t pass usrine for about 14 nearly 15 hours….well he wouldn’t let me touch it wouldn’t wear pants etc was really swollen and wouldn’t wee….so docs in a&e checked it said wan’t post injury and would get a pediatricain surgeon to look at him, so we waited and waited then saw surgeon, who examined him said that he had phismosis and that it was bad, i asked if i used creams etc etc would that help, he said no, but still told me to manipulate that area anyway when in bath and give savalon baths which we’re doing, but said that he really would need it done as will get worse and doesn’t feel that creams will make a difference…..

i’m just still unsure really i think coz i’m scared for him….should i bring him to my gp and ask him and maybe when he sees consultant make sure for sure that this is the right choice, my mom and in laws and hubby said that if he needs it he needs it, but then again as you said Sinprey it’s irriversable and i don’t want to make a decision that i’ll regret or he might feel different to others…..a friend of mine is canadian and said that it’s quite normal and said that he’d be fine, but then i’m due another baby and told it’s a boy, do i get him done so he doesn’t have problems and also so ds1 doesn’t feel like mammy made a decison to make him different…..or am i being silly.

Sinprey

you are not being silly at all.its sounds to me like trauma to the area.or infection.that triggered it. presume they took a sample of his wee in ae?has it settled down at all? i would def go to your gp for opinion b4 u get nything done.hope this helps

yummymummy

j still does that now in the bath, pull the foreskin down to try and loosen it.

We only copped all this when he got an infection and couldnt pass urine, the creams healed it though and he has never gotten one since. I wouldnt rush into the decision and i dont think the docs should of said that to you either.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

scole1

really big sis, it can cause that flaming nora’s…..

he’s complaining today back in trousers that his willy is sore and again starting to not want to go to the loo…..so will take to doc middle of week and see what they have to say also as has antibiotic….

sinprey they never took a sample coz he wasn’t weeing i tried alright but didn’t get one, and they didn’t try either…..

big sis when your son got it done what was the proceedure and recovery……

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

scole1

thanks a million for that, will let ya know how things go when bring to doc and then consultant……

will have to get a few pairs of white loose boxers for him, ahh you hate seeing your babies in pain….you would rather the pain yourself….thanks again girls for all your info big sis, sinprey and of course yummy mummy

Sabrinab 08

Ho Scole.. oh poor little man.. im a mam to 3 girls. so not really sure on this one but sure here goes.. Personally if it was my son i would go ahead wit it now rather than ltr in life.. being and still growing it will all fit into place iykwim! makes sense. think its such a big decision because its not as commonly perfomerd in Ireland as world wide.I think maybe it could create more problems in the long term.. ie infections, embarrassment with girls etc… supoose you have to think that far ahead realy before you make the decision. Not sure if that helped but hopefully it will work out 😀

My son had this done after many infections. He is so much better now and the only draw back will be when he is older and has sex he will have less sensation as the foreskin is no longer there.

scole1

but apparently it’s supposed to be better, no one mim wonders for him…. 😆 sorry…..

yeah big decision but my hubby just said if he needs it just get it done, simple as…..i’m doing all the worrying….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.